Chapter 6-When the immortals meet

"Lelouch, Suzaku you idiots hold on!" I roar propelling myself through the only window at the top of the tower and grab hold of Suzaku's wrist as his hand slips off the window ledge causing both him and Lelouch to fall even further down the roof "Suzaku I swear if you let go of his hand I will kill you myself" letting out a growl I hold onto one of Suzaku's hands while my other hand tightly grasps the window ledge. Feeling all of the eyes on us from below sweat gathers on my forehead 'Milly you just had to make a game of catching this damned cat' I say in my mind. Slowly and deliberately I pull Suzaku up before letting go of his hand once he's safe and starting to help Lelouch up while they have a conversation I pay no interest in.

"You are taking this very easily for someone who just nearly died" Suzaku laughs as he holds onto Lelouch's wrist who laughs along with his friend oh so easily but going rigid when he sees me cautiously making my way up the roof to the bell tower at the top where the cat is sitting underneath the bell "hey Lelouch it looks like you've seen a ghost" he jokes not noticing me climb up the roof.

Reaching the top I sit after taking the helmet from the cat with a smirk on my face as I look down at Suzaku and Lelouch until I notice Suzaku making his way up towards me to get the cat "Suzaku Kururugi you are making it difficult for me to get down, go wait inside I'll hand you the cat once we are inside" at that he nods a glimmer of curiosity in his eyes as he clambers back down the roof and slips into the window. Putting the helmet into my bag I make sure it's closed properly before grabbing the cat and carefully making my way back down the roof and slipping in the open window just to bump into someone. Taking a little step back violet eyes meet my own and all I needed to see was those eyes to know "Lelouch why haven't you gone back down yet?" I feign ignorance and raise an eyebrow.

He opens his mouth to say something but stops and rethinks whatever it was he was going to say which I can guess would have been him asking me to give him his mask back, the mask of Zero "I'll take the cat down" taking it gently from my hands he turns and begins the descent back down but not before uttering more words "when everyone leaves down there I think me and you need to talk, Hannah Akitsu" my eyes widen at the fact that Lelouch is using my full name for the first time in years he only ever used it where his father was and when he was angry at me. Letting out a sigh I make quick work of the stairs and wince at the bright sunlight when I leave the tower "you were slower than I thought" Lelouch remarks looking over his shoulder at me as he stands beside Suzaku who is now holding the cat and the crowd of people looking at us with mixed expressions.

I stand beside Lelouch after jabbing him in the side with my elbow a couple of times "shut up Lelouch you must have ran down here seeing as you've made yourself comfortable and given the cat to dear Suzaku already" looking around at all the people gathered I notice the student council, Nunnally and T.T. to the front. A smile tugs at my lips as I see Nunnally let out a sigh of relief "Nunnally" she looks up at the sound of my voice and I kneel before her taking her hands in mine "they are both safe and sound nothing to worry about" taking several steps back I go back to standing beside the two boys who both now have a soft smile on their faces as they look over at Nunnally.

Milly steps forward into the gap between us three and the rest of the students and claps her hands with Nunnally in front of her "good job you three in catching the cat" she stops clapping and gets a mischievous glint in her eyes " so Suzaku, Hannah what was it that Lulu was trying to get from the cat?" she asks taking a step forwards her hands clasped tightly together and then at catching Lelouch glaring at her she pouts "aw you three are no fun at all" moping she takes a step back just for Rivalz to step forward and sling an arm over her shoulders in an almost dramatic fashion.

Nunnally with the help of Milly goes to Lelouch and Suzaku and making a motion for them to lower their heads so that they are closer to hers and when they are she places a kiss on each of their cheeks "since you two found the cat I decided to be the one to deliver the kiss, hope you don't mind" she says as they stand back up straight with a gentle smile as they look at her. Lastly she turns to me "and you did well saving my brother and Suzaku and helping with the capture of the cat" I mutter a simple 'it was nothing' as everyone crowds around us to talk to the three of us about what just happened and I pretend to listen.