Chapter 4

Hey guys! This chapter's dedicated to @omfgwhyno for being super nice and supportive! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating! I swear, I'm the worst author on earth :( It's just with school and my songwriting, I've been super busy. But I finally found time! So here's chapter 4 (yay)! I hope you like it! Comment bellow and tell me what you think :))

<3 Pia

p.s. I don't know if you guys noticed, but in the previous chapter, I wrote that there was only  1  dorm building on the Burggman University campus. Scratch that, make it  2  dorms :D I got plans for y'all  ;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Diane Burmont

"Where have you been?!" Russ exclaimed, an agitated look on his face as I slowly walked out of the airport, careful not to get too close to him. If there was one thing Russ didn't like, it was waiting. My cousin was as impatient as a lady Hulk on her period.

I bit my lip in guilt when my eyes settled on the yellow paper clipped under the wipers on the front windshield of Russ' red BMW. "Is that-", I started, gesturing towards the paper.

"A parking ticket?" he interrupted, finishing my question for me. "Yeah, it is. Thanks to you, my stock money for the year is a couple euros less than it originally was."

I pouted, trying hard not to smile at how annoyed he looked. Call me a bad cousin but it made me laugh when Russ looked all tortured and stuff. Ok, that sounded cynical. "I'm sorry," I said as he crossed his arms and turned his back on me like a little boy giving his mother the cold shoulder. "But hey, I got you something."

After a few seconds of silence, he finally gave in to his curiosity and spat out, "What is it?"

I took the box of Ferrero chocolates out from the Duty Free plastic bag and held it up to his face for him to see. After realising I'd spent 45 minutes in the department store inside the airport, I predicted Russ would react violently. I knew I needed something that would calm his nerves. What's a better secret weapon than his favourite chocolate? The moment his eyes met the ever familiar brown box of Ferrero chocolates, he squealed like a nine year old girl and grabbed it from me, jumping up and down in happiness.

"I forgive you!" he said, holding the chocolates to his chest.

I laughed, "You're so predictable."

"Lets hope predicability doesn't run in our blood then. You're going to need a miracle to pull this whole 'David Bright' thing off."

I frowned, "You said it was possible!"

"Of course it's possible. Didn't I just say that you'd need a miracle?"

"Yeah..."

"That's just what I am! A supernatural phenomenon!" he winked, picking up my luggages and shoving them into the trunk of his car.

I rolled my eyes and sarcastically said, "That makes me feel so much better."

Russ smirked, "You're welcome."

With that, we got into his car and drove away from the airport. Russ's car reminded me of why I never liked sports cars. I had a sports car once; it was a 2014 Jaguar CX75 Plug-in Hybrid. It was beautiful, of course, but when I started driving it, I absolutely hated it. From the way the taller cars dangerously loomed over me like buildings tipping from above me, to how cramped up it was inside, I hated every single part of it. Yeah, it has nice features and it's an awesome self-esteem booster. But me being me, I wouldn't last a day driving a car like that.

"Why are there so many people?" I asked as he slowly drove through the oddly crowded streets. Since BU was located at the countryside, there shouldn't have been too many people. The countryside was usually calm and relaxing. Instead, it was noisy and crowded.