Book 2- Float

Float by ToastedBagels

Summary: Seventeen-year-old Waverly Lyons is from Vermont; she doesn't do sun. But after her divorced parents can't agree on who gets to have her for the summer, Waverly gets shipped off to Holden, Florida to spend a couple months with her aunt, Rachel. Her hopes for the perfect summer seem crushed. Then she meets Blake Hamilton, Rachel's seventeen-year-old neighbor. He's athletic, outgoing, arrogant, tan, and pretty much Waverly's exact opposite. She's eager to avoid him at all costs, hoping to fit in with the other kids in Holden without drawing too much attention to herself. But when Blake discovers that Waverly has been hiding the rather embarrassing secret that she can't swim, he does the unthinkable: he offers to teach her.

Genre: Teen Fiction, Humor

Rating: PG-13

Thoughts: I really liked the characters in this book. Waverly is the perfect awkward teenage girl with a crush that we all love. Blake is the perfect moody, brooding hot guy. I like how the story revolves around swimming. I'm not a big fan of swimming but it works for this story.

ToastedBagels has done an outstanding job with Float! I wish her luck on finishing the rest of the book! :)

Book Link: Click External Link over to the right, under my cover image to access this book ---->