Chapter 8- An Afternoon with Jaxon

"Hey Jaxon." I smile as I put my backpack next to the door.

"Hi Danny!" He happily exclaims and puts his arms up. That's my cue to pick him up.

I pick Jaxon up with a grunt, "You're getting heavy."

Jaxon giggles, "Because I'm becoming a big boy!"

I laugh, "Yes Jaxon, you're becoming a big boy. Now, where's daddy?"

"He's in the bedroom. He's getting ready for work." He explains, struggling with the word bedroom, instead saying 'bedboom'.

"Oh." I tilt my head to the side, "Well, I need to ask him something."

"Okay." Jaxon says and I let him down.

I walk over to what I think is the bedroom and cautiously open up the door. I don't know what I could be greeted by. I feel kinda bad but, at the same time, I would consider Phil as my family.

The door opens and I'm met by Phil's bare torso and legs. He's only in boxers. My heart rate instantly quickens but my eyes are glued to his pale flesh. He has multiple freckles along his shoulders and all I want to do is kiss every single one.

His muscles contort as he turns to fish for a shirt. A uniform, I'm guessing. His shoulder blades protract and contract as he moves around. I've never seen something so beautiful. My lips lightly part as a picture of me walking in and wrapping my arms around him from behind looms into view.

Except Phil leans back into me lovingly as I leave a trail of kisses along his shoulder.

"Dan?"

Oh my god. I'm such a creep.

I cough and quickly stand up straighter, "Yeah?"

"Have you been watching me?" He says with a knowing smirk.

I awkwardly fiddle with my jumper's sleeve, "No, I haven't been here...the whole...time." I cough again and avert my eyes away from the shirtless and pantless Phil.

"It's not like you were picturing anything." He chuckles.

"Yeah." I let out a hollow laugh and awkwardly clear my throat, "So, um uh, I was wondering if you wanted to s-spend the night at, um, my house? We can uh, bring Jaxon too, if you want."

Dan, you need to calm your male tits.

Phil gets a look of thought, "Sure." He smiles, "I just gotta head to work first. Would you mind looking after Jaxon while I'm gone if it's not too much to ask?" He finally slides a pair of jeans onto his legs.

"I'd love to!" I exclaim, "Uh, sorry. It's just- I don't know."

Phil smiles and puts on a shirt, "I know that you love him, you don't have to hide it."

I blush and look down, "It's just something about him...I don't know."

I look back up and see that Phil's staring at me intently as he chews his lip, "What do you mean?" He asks and walks over to me.

"It's like he fills a hole in my chest." I look down and fiddle with my jumper's sleeve again, "The hole my parents used to fill." I whisper as tears form in my eyes.

Phil wraps his arms around me and I gladly hug him back, burying my head in his shoulder, "I'm glad that he can do that for you." Phil quietly says into my hair.

"I'm glad he can too..."

-

"Can we watch Winnie?" Jaxon smiles as he cuddles with his Winnie The Pooh and Piglet plushies.

I look back at Jaxon, "Oh my god, you're turning into me but, yes, we can watch Winnie The Pooh...again."

"Yay." Jaxon giggles as he wraps his arms tightly around me.

I smile down at Jaxon and run my fingers through his hair as the show begins to start.

~

"Hey, Jaxon?" I quietly ask.

"Yeah Danny?"

"Can I call you Winnie?"

"Okay." Jaxon mumbles. I think he's falling asleep.

~

"Hush little baby don't say a word." I quietly sing as I run my fingers through Jaxon's hair. His head now on my lap.

"Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird. And if that mockingbird won't sing, Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring. And if that diamond ring turns brass, Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass. And if that looking glass got broke, Papa's gonna buy you a Billy Goat."

Jaxon giggles and my smile widens, "And if that Billy Goat won't pull, Papa's gonna buy you a cart and Bull. And if that cart and Bull turns over, Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover."

"I want a puppy." Jaxon says.

"Maybe you'll get one one day." I say and continue the lullaby, "And if that dog named Rover won't bark, Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart. And if that horse and cart fall down," I pause, "You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town..." I whisper and lean down to place a soft kiss on Jaxon's forehead.

"I love you Winnie." A lump begins to form in my throat, waiting to here the words that I adore to come from him.

"I love you too Danny." His eyes flutter shut and I lightly trace my fingers around his chubby cheeks.

A slight weight is added next to me. What? I curiously look up and I'm met by Phil's stunning blue eyes. Except this time, they're glazed over. Without speaking, he tightly wraps his arms around me and places a kiss on my cheek. This makes me blush furiously and I'm so happy that he can't see me right now.

"How long were you listening?" I whisper.

"Half way through the song...you never told me you could sing." We break from our embrace and stare at each other.

"I never considered myself a good singer..."

"That's absurd. You're an amazing singer. I'd pay to hear you." He says with a serious tone.

I smile at him, "But you don't have to pay because I'm right here."

"Exactly. That's why you're going to sing another lullaby so I can fall asleep." He says and lays his head on my shoulder.

I giggle and look over at Phil, "I don't hear any singing." He jokes.

I roll my eyes, "Fine."

Phil's eyes close and he loosely wraps both of his arms around my waist, "Somewhere, over the rainbow." Phil lets out a happy sigh as he hears my soft voice in the quite room.

"There's a land I heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere, over the rainbow, the skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true." I notice Phil's body relaxing as he falls into slumber.

"Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where trouble melts like lemon drops. Away from all the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me." I picture myself in a happy family with Phil and Jaxon as I slowly begin to fall asleep as well.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly. Bluebirds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?"

My eyes flutter shut and my head falls on top of Phil's. My mind's already slipping into complete darkness as Jaxon lays across my lap and Phil's at my side, "I love you, Phil." I mumble.

"I love you too Dan." He responds.

I'm not sure if he really did say those four words. I wish he really did but he probably didn't.

It could've just been a dream.

~

I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS IS EXTREMELY SHORT. I'm having huge writers block so I kinda just want to get something out there.

I may say that I don't have writers block, my writing just hates the clock. ;)))

I'll jump out of the window now. -J