Song Stories 2

As before I don't own the song, but I do own the characters. If I did own the song I'd probably be reallly really filthy rich, but I don't.

If by some strange chance you haven't heard the song it's on the side with lyrics.

Please leave song suggestions in the comments!             

                  “Hey,” My friend Allie called. “We’re all going down to the beach. We are picking you up in ten minutes. Don’t even try to get out of it.”

                I dove into my closet knowing Allie wasn’t kidding in the slightest. When she and Megan got an idea into their heads it was going to happen. The world was glad they hadn’t decided they wanted to blow anything up yet. I glanced at my bathing suit collection and sighed. I hated the beach. I always felt so exposed. Allie and Megan were the pretty ones, and so being near them in bikinis made me feel so self conscious.

                Allie had gorgeous long blond hair and blue eyes. She looked like she’d lived in Miami forever, and she had. She was the type of girl you see in magazine ads for bathing suits. She wasn’t the traditional popular girl, but she was definitely the most popular girl at our school. She played softball and had the perfect body to prove it.

                Megan was sort of Allie’s opposite. Megan’s family was from Puerto Rico, and she was far from being the white girl that Allie was. Her skin was a darker tan than Allie’s without her trying. Allie would spend days tanning and still never hit that level. She had thick curly brown hair that she always straightened in the morning. By the end of the day she’d have perfect rings in her hair again. Her eyes were dark green, except on rare occasions where they were slightly lighter. She was also hugely popular. She loved swimming, but that was it for her with the sports. She wasn’t as muscular, and she had more curves than Allie did as well.

                Then you have me, and I was always the odd duck out when I was with them. I have skin like Allie’s, but that’s where my similarities end. I have medium length wavy hair that can’t seem to decide what color it is. It alternates between reds, light browns, and blonds. My eyes also don’t seem to know what color they are. They float between ice blue and light green. I swim often, but I’m not very fast. I also am not bad at football, but being a girl that’s frowned upon more than anything else. I’m not as thin as either of my friends, although I’m not really overweight either. As a result of my weight I’m the most curvy of all of us, but not in a good way.

                I finally decided on wearing a light blue bikini with my usual shirt and shorts over it. The shirt was a thin light blue material with designs stitched into it around the neckline. It went down to my mid thighs, so it was a good cover up. I also added shorts that went just a little further down my legs. When the others got there I looked at their outfits. They were both wearing shorts that were shorter than my shirt over their bikinis and hadn’t bothered with shirts. Allie’s was bright red and Megan’s was dark purple. I climbed into the backseat and we headed out.

                “So, can you believe we start our junior year next week?” Allie asked.

                I shook my head, “Nope. Two more years and we’ll be going off to college.”

                “Well you’ll be going off to college,” Allie said. “My grades aren’t high enough for scholarship and my family can’t afford to send me to college. You’re like guaranteed scholarship money.”

                Megan nodded, “Yeah, my family is barely scraping money together. I’m gonna have to work my ass off to get better grades or I’ll be at the community college.”