Unexpected Confession

HYUGA'S POV

The skies are blue and the sun shines brightly. Looks like the weather is great today.

I immediately get myself ready and go to school. As I go to Seirin, I felt a sudden chill on my down my spine. What's with this atmosphere? It's early in the morning but why do many people look all lovey-dovey? What's the occasion? I just shrugged and continue to walk to Seirin. But as I go near our classroom my suspicions grew. There's something really going on here! I immediately ask Izuki, my teammate and classmate.

"Izuki, what's the occasion? Why are there so many couples and chocolates around?"

"Geez Hyuga, It's Valentines day you idiot. You've been focusing on basketball too much that you  already forgot what's the occasion."

"well it's not my fault for working hard to be Japan's #1"

"Basketball freak. :) "

We both went to our seats because class is about to start.

So it's Valentines today huh...

I've never had a girlfriend so that's why this day never had any significance for me.

Then for some strange reason, I caught myself staring at Riko.

Riko... my childhood friend, our coach and.....

Crush

You heard it right. Riko is my crush.

I have thought of confessing to her many times but I can't seem to have the guts to do it. Besides, it's not like some guys will steal Riko from me. I don't need to rush. I'm not saying that Riko is ugly and that no guy will like her. In fact, she's perfect for me. I just think that no guy will dare to court her because before they even think about it I give them a death glare that will make them rethink their decision. Without the knowledge of Riko of course. She can't know that I like, no, love her. Not yet.

Damn it Hyuga! What the hell are you thinking! You're getting all cheesy because of this atmosphere. And why am I talking to myself? Geez =___=

The day ended pretty quickly and since it's a special day today there won't be any practice.

"Yo Hyuga, wanna grab some burgers before going home?" Kiyoshi asked.

"Yeah, let me ask Riko first if she wants to go with us."

I immediately went to Riko and I was surprised to see a handful of letters at her desk.

"What the hell are those?" I asked while pointing to the letters.

"Oh, just some love letters."

"Love letters?!?"

"Come on Hyuga! Did you actually think I'm that ugly and got no admirers."