The Truth About Trinity

Sequel to Skinny Minnie

I looked in the mirror as I drew the tiny yet sharp razorblade across my wrist.  The piercing pain welcomed me.

A thin line of scarlet red trickled into the sink.  It swirled with the clear water and washed into the drain.

I let out a choked laugh and sat on the closed toilet seat.  What a rush!  My first time and I felt kind of woozy, but my head cleared a little.  Now I could do it without feeling anything.  I looked at the empty beer bottles floating in the bathtub water.

I pushed my black hair with purple highlights out of my hair and stumbled out of the disgustingly smelly bathroom.  I gagged at the rotten stench drifting throughout the house as I heard retching sounds coming from the kitchen.

I wafted the smell away from my nose as I made my way through all of the random junk on the floor.  My mom emerged from the kitchen looking her usual best which consisted of rat nest hair, bedraggled clothes, and blood shot eyes.

"Yourhome."  she slurred.  She made a gesture at my little brother to turn the volume of his movie down.

"I never left.  You did remember?"  I tried to help her cross the room but she also reeked as she waved me off.

"Yeah you went to a party."  Eli chimed in.  Again was the unsaid word between us.  He finally looked at me.

When he did, his eyes widened in shock.  "Trinny...your arm..."  But I silenced him with a glare.

The blood had dripped on the carpet.  My wrist had dried though.

We all watched it in silence until my mom growled, "Cleanitup."

I made a grab for the paper towels but missed and a heap on more stuff cluttered the floor.  I picked up a shirt and began dabbing the already soiled spot.

My mom tripped her way to her bedroom and muttered about taking a nap.  She would most likely be out for a few days at the least.

Eli watched her leaved with disdain written all over his ten year old face.  I smirked glad he hated Mom just as much as me.

I finished my chore and stood up pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Eli go to Mom's car.  You can come to Starbucks with me."  I told him as I left to change into my uniform.

__________________________________________________________________________

We drove in Mom's Saturn in silence until I parked into the lot.  Eli clambered out and I exited more gracefully than him.

I pushed open the door and was immediately embraced in the aroma of coffee.  I breathed in deeply and went behind the counter to grab my apron.

Eli sat down in a chair and began reading his current favorite book.  Even thogh he was small for his age, his brain made up size wise.

I smiled and stepped up to the counter.

Hello, how may I he-oh hey Hannah.  Can I get you anything?"  Hannah was a regular and my daily confidant.  I literally told her everything even though she was a bit of an airhead.

"Caramel latte with whipped cream is fine honey.  What happened today?"  she asked.

I filled out her order and passed it to the back.  "I cut myself with a razor."  I answered truthfully.

SHe tsked.  "I hate it when that happens.  Honestly, smooth legs just aren't worth the multiple lacirations."

"I meant my wrists."  I replied bluntly.

"Well why shave your arms?"  she asked surprised.

I just sighed and continued down the line of people anticipating my break when I could sneek out back and get another cut just to feel that light headed smile plastered on my face again.