Chapter 19: It's now or never

*One Whisper at a Time*

*Chapter 19: It's now or never*

I laid quietly in Caleb's arms. The sun had retreated, replaced by the moon. I could hear the moves of everyone and everything around me. I didn't enjoy that part of being a werewolf. It made it hard to sleep when every movement woke you up.

Tomorrow, Hunter, Caleb, and I would fly to Minnesota, where lived my family. We would never see Madison, nor Christoph again. I knew that broke Hunter's heart, but it hurt her worse to be away from her family.

I could see my Mother wrapping her arms around me, singing that song whose lyrics I wouldn't remember. My little brother was probably much bigger now. It had been nearly three years. Had he gotten taller, or cuter?

Before I knew it, the sun had dawned. Caleb stirred as the bright rays reflected onto his face. His dark eyes slowly opened and focused on my face. I leaned down and ksises his cheek. “Good morning, sleepy head.”

“Hmmmm?” He mumbled, pulling me down onto him. I smiled.

“Time to get up,” I gave him one last peck on the cheek before standing to my feet. I walked over to where Hunter had fallen asleep, but she wasn't there. I looked around, surveying the woods. My ears didn't pick anything up. If she were still in the woods, I would have heard her.

“Caleb, did you see Hunter leave?” I wondered. He stood up, dusting himself off.

“Nope, sorry, I was sound asleep.”

My first thought was that he had gone back to the castle. Actually, that was my only thought. She couldn't have gone anywhere else. With a deep sigh, I ran towards the castle. I couldn’t leave without Hunter. We had been through so much together.

“Whisper! Wait up!” I heard Caleb yelled, but I wasn't paying much attention. I stopped dead at the entrance to the castle. I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with a familiar scent. Too familiar.

I didn't care if I got pummeled by vampires, I had a very bad feeling that something was happening to Hunter.

You know how sometimes, when you're really close to a person, you have a special sense? Like, a sixth sense. You know when something is wrong. That's how I felt about Hunter.

I glanced left, then right, but I didn't see her. My heart sped quickly as I ran down the hallway. I spotted Juliet as I ran. “Have you seen Hunter!?” I yelled at her.

The woman shook her head and as simple as that, I ran on. I passed the nurse's station and sniffed the air. I smelled blood fully. I figured that this was normal for a nurse's station, but the smell was so strong.

I decided to check it out. My heart sank as I opened the door. Hunter lay on the floor, her neck gaped open. A man whom I barely recognized as Danny – Madison's so called “fiance” – was on top of her. His fangs were in her neck. I could hear him suck the blood out of her neck. Her face was almost as white as his own.

I acted on instinct and tackled Danny to the ground. The sun had really gotten him. I could only recognize him by his scent.

My fist rose and smacked into his face. I could hear Caleb come in, but I didn't pay him any attention. My mind begged me to kill Danny. I wanted to kill him. I looked at my hand and blinked as it turned from a hand to a paw.

“No, Whisper! If your blood lust gets too high, you'll change!” Caleb yelled, holding Hunter in his arms. “Come on, we don't have time!” I stopped and looked down at Danny. He was passed out. His eyes were bright red, as if he were drunk off of Hunter's blood.

“Goddamn it,” I hissed, turning towards Hunter. Her neck was still bleeding heaps of blood. I shuddered, trying to keep my tears back.

“She's going to die, Whisper,” Caleb said quietly. My body went cold. No...not Hunter. I pushed away her black hair, shaking my head. I wouldn't go on without her. She was more than my best friend...she was my sister.

“I'll bite her, then she'll be a werewolf,” I sobbed, gazing up at Caleb.

He simply shook his head. “You have to have blood in your system in order to do that, Whisper. It's either, she dies or...she turns into a Vampire.”

With that, I dashed out of the room to go find someone – anyone – to turn Hunter. If she died, a part of me died with her.

Luckily, I spotted Madison. I didn't say anything, but I grasped her arm. “What are you doing here, Whisper?” She squealed.

Madison quieted. She must have smelled Hunter's blood. I dragged her along to the nurse's station. We entered and Caleb yelled at us to hurry.

“She's dying.” Madison dropped beside Hunter, red years in her eyes. “It's now or never!”

*Madison's P.O.V.*

I stared down at Hunter. I had already made a decision on it. I wasn't going to let her die. I glanced at Danny, who was unconscious on the ground. I decided that I'd deal with him after.

My fangs slipped into my tongue. To turn a human into a Vampire, the human had to drink the vampire blood.

I pushed away Hunter's black hair and pulled her mouth open. When he drank the blood, she would die. Then, she would rid herself of all human blood from her system. My blood slowly dropped onto Hunter's tongue.

I heard her heart stop. Caleb had his arms wrapped around Whisper's waist. I could heard the words he spoke, but paid no attention to them at all.

My eyes seemed to glow as I heard Hunter cough. Her eyes shot open and she gazed around the room. “Madison?” She asked, rubbing her eyes.

“Be careful, Hunter. You'll be throwing up a lot....” Right when I said this, she did so. I kissed her forehead before stepping around her. Danny lay on the ground, unconscious. This was all his fault. I hoped that he died for it. I grasped onto his shirt, picking him up off of the floor.

“How dare you do such a thing. You deserve to die,” I hissed at him, watching his eyes open. In that instance, I knew he'd die. I bit into his neck, tearing him to shreads.