one

"That's the last box!" I cheered. Pink packing peanuts flew everywhere as I did my booty-shaking happy dance.

"Peanut!" My little sister, Ashleigh, clapped enthusiastically. My mom walked past the living room where I was unpacking and frowned.

"Luke Hemmings, sweep up those peanuts right away! Ashleigh could choke on one of them, and she could die of asphyxiation. Is that what you want? Your little brother just passed away two months ago, and now you're putting your little sister in danger. Shame on you, Lucas." She continued walking towards the kitchen, shaking her head and murmuring to herself.

Dâmn. She had to bring up Tommy's death. I wiped savagely at the tears that threatened to fall any moment now and wiped my hands on my black skinny jeans. I gently shooed Ashleigh out of the room and started vacuuming up the packing peanuts. Halfway through, the vacuum cleaner made a stranger clunking sound and sputtered to a stop. Dâmn it, three hours in this new house and I'd already broken the vacuum cleaner.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, chiming through the front hall.

"Lukey, honey? Can you get the door please?" My mom asked from the kitchen where she was unpacking our pots and pans.

"Yeah sure, Mom," I stood up and walked towards the front door, fixing my quiff with one hand along the way. I swung open the heavy oak door and saw an adorable, blonde four-year-old standing on the porch, holding a platter of brownies. Behind her stood one of the most beautiful guys I'd ever laid eyes on.

He was about 6 foot 2, with lilac hair that somehow managed to look good on him. Most of it was contained under a black Blink-182 beanie, but the parts in the front that weren't stuck up in adorable little tufts. He wore a cut up Green Day tank, which showed off his toned abs and muscular arms.

And also, he had tattoos.

There were so many intricate green-blue designs swirling around his chest and inching up his neck; there were lyrics and pictures, as well as swirls and random but beautiful designs.

I stopped staring at the purple-haired boy and cleared my throat. "So, um, hi. I'm Luke, can I help you?"

The little girl smiled at me and shoved the brownies into my hand. "Deez are twiple-choc'late. My mommy made them an' she let me help her 'cause I'm big now. I'm four." She held up four sticky fingers to prove her point. I smiled at her cuteness, but I really wanted to meet the guy standing behind her better. Just then, Ashleigh comes toddling out from behind the door, a foam peanut in her mouth.

"Hi I'm Christa and I'm four." Christa held up four fingers again and Ashleigh toddled over.

"I'm thwee, but I'll be four in a month," Ashleigh and Christa started a conversation quickly, as only children can. They walked around me and into the front hallway, munching on brownies and discussing the best way to comb Barbie's hair.

Now that it was only the purple-haired boy and me on the porch. I tried to start a conversation like Ashleigh, but couldn't because I'm lanky and awkward. Like a noodle. The silence between the two of us felt thick and miles wide. I wanted to close that gap so badly, but I didn't know what to say. So finally, I resolved to starting simple.

"What's your name?"

The purple-haired boy snorted. "Wow, you're lame. I'm Michael and Christa and I have to leave right away, I can't stand being around you." Michael charged into the front hallway, scooped up Christa, and left hurriedly.

As Ashleigh and Christa waved and promised to meet up for a play date again, I sat on the top step of the porch, thinking sadly to myself.

Jfc, am I really that ugly?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
damñ Michael, why you gotta be so rude

don't you know lucifer is human tooooo

ok so i know this is really awful right now but please stick with me ?

i'm updating from outside the us so if it gets fûcked up somehow i'll try to fix it when i get back

ily my little onions

and don't forget to vote, comment, and share¿?

ily again and sorry this is shït <3