Chapter 2

It's been a two days since I first started to cut. The boys haven't notice, but I don't want them to. I wear more bracelets now and long-sleeves as much as I can. I've gotten the urge to cut again, but I'm not sure if I should do it again. Zayn has his eyes set on Perrie, not me. I knew he didn't like me the

way I liked him, no one does. Some of the fans aren't helping, saying that I shouldn't be in the band and stuff like that. It hurts, it really does.

Normal p.o.v

"Everybody to the kitchen we're going to open up fan-mail!" Louis screamed. Multiple footsteps could be heard running to the kitchen. Everyone gathered around the table full of boxes and letters. "Harry you go first. Choose something." Liam said. Harry reached for a big box in the center. "From Lexi." Harry said. He opened the boxed and looked inside before showing the rest of the boys. There was something for everyone. "Carrots and a toy Lamborghini for Louis, a comb and a mirror for Zayn, the Toy Story Trilogy for Liam, coupons for Nandos and shoes for Niall, and a toy kitty cat and a can of sweet corn for me." Harry said. "This is great!" Louis said. Mumbles of agreement could be heard before the next letter/box was chosen. "Your turn Zayn." Liam said. "Okay!" Zayn said. After 5 minutes of searching he finally chose a small letter. "From Sarah." he said. He read through the letter and smiled. "This is about how much she loves our music and that she wants to meet us someday." Zayn said. "Let's do one more for now and we'll finish it up later." Louis said. "Good idea." Liam commented. "Niall chose something." Zayn said.

Niall's p.o.v.

I looked around for a letter to read. I came upon one that said To: Niall. I picked it up and opened it. I started to read it by myself first. I was surprised at what I read.

Dear Niall,

I don't know if you will receive this letter or not, but it doesn't hurt to try. My name is Misty and I'm 19 years old. I'll just say it right now. I am depressed and I cut, I've also attempted suicide multiple times. Why? Because I've been bullied and abused verbally and physically by the people who I thought were my friends. I've been called names, and I've had my best friend turn on me. She wasn't even my friend from the start. I've started to diet just so people don't call me fat. It hurts, it really does. I've also gained a reputation that I do not like. I can't be myself when I'm around people. My parents don't help. They say that life goes on, but I cant' follow that advice. They're strict parents and insist that I be a good girl and follow the rules, but I can't do that. I've had a boyfriend, and for the first time I felt loved. Once again I was turned against, he cheated and overall wasn't nice. You might want to know why I'm writing to you. Well you and your band saved my life. Music overall saved my life many times. I am happy to be a Directioner even if nobody thinks I am. I'm also writing just to get my feelings out, and not by cutting. I know you get hate, and I want to know how you handle it. If you do get this, please send some advice. I feel alone in this world, and I want someone to talk to.

Sincerely Misty

I read the letter again several times before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Zayn. "Are you okay? You zoned out for a bit." he said. "Yeah I'm fine." I replied. "What did the letter say?" Harry asked. "Nothing, just about how much she loves us." I lied. "Okay. Well I'm going to see Eleanor. Bye!" Louis said before grabbing his coat and leaving. I walked upstairs before anyone else could ask questions. I went up and grabbed a piece of paper and started to write a reply.

Dear Misty,

I read your letter you sent me. It was sad, and I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I want to meet up with you sometime and talk. I feel like this subject would be better talked about face to face. Send me your phone number or someway to contact you. Talk to you soon.

Sincerely Niall

I looked at the envelope and copied her address onto my letter. I folded it up and ran down-stairs. I went to the mail box and put the flag up. I decided to go on a walk before heading back. The whole time I thought about meeting Misty. Maybe she could give me advice on Zayn. I could always use some help.