Chapter 52

Claire comes down the stairs with Lucky chasing her. Lucky is excited Claire is back, because we could never really play with him like Claire does.

"Toby is Claire ever going to forgive us?" Tris asks.

"She will, she is only two," I say.

"I don't think she will. She still won't talk to us," Tris says tearing up.

"Hey, she will I promise," I say and she starts lightly crying into my shirt. I rub her back and kiss the top of her head.

"Damn hormones," Tris mumbles into my shirt which cause me to smile.

Claire comes around with Lucky a minute later and sees Tris crying.

"Is momma otay daddy?" Claire asks me standing by the couch.

"Ya she's just a little up set," I say.

"Why is she cwying?" Claire asks.

"Well the little babies mix up mommies emotions, so she is crying," I say.

"Momma it's otay," Claire says and hops on the couch. Tris looks up from my shirt and to Claire.

"Thanks sweetie," Tris says and wipes her eyes. Claire hops down and runs to the kitchen. She comes out with a fork and the cake Hana gave to her.

"Here momma. Cake always makes me happy," Claire says handing her the box and fork.

"Sweetie I can get some after dinner. That's yours from grandma," Tris says.

"But momma need it more," Claire says. Tris sits up and sets Claire in her lap.

"We can all share it how about that," Tris says opening up the box and giving Claire a bite.

"Momma turn," Claire says. I take the fork and feed Tris.

"Did you and grandma make the cake?" I ask Claire.

"Ya gramma wet me wick da spoon,"Claire says smiling.

"You did a good job munchkin," I say and give her a bite. We finish the cake then all watch a movie. We head down to the cafeteria at 6.

"Daddy up," Claire says as we are walking. I set her on my shoulders and we walk Claire occasionally pats my hair.

"What do you want to eat munchkin?" I ask Claire.

"Sammich," Claire says which means hamburger. I put two on my tray and two plates of fries and two waters. Tris got two hamburgers, fries, fruit, and a salad.

"What to drink Bea?" I ask.

"Lemonade," she says and I grab one and we sit at our table with all of friends. We sit down and begin eating and since there I so much of us at the table I set Claire on knee and eat.

"We are going to need another table after all the babies are born," Peter says.

"Definitely," I say and open Claire's water.

"We'll have five kids at this table next year," Chris says.

"That sounds crazy," Tris says.

"Most of them will be your kids," Uriah says.

"So one will be yours," Tris say.

"Then mine," Zeke says.

"Pedrads need to take a break jeez," Lynn jokes shaking her head.

"Hey it takes two," Tris says.

"Yes but three of the six were Pedrads," Peter says.

"Well almost four cause Zeke and I are engaged," Shauna says.