Chapter 5

sorry this is so short y'all. It's just the next chapter should be pretty long and I didn't want to stop in the middle of the good part.

So anyways, here is the next to pages of the book! Enjoy:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I climbed into the double bed I'd claimed right away. It as besides the window just like my old bed at the training grounds had been. 

Today I'd shown all the board members everything I was capable of. Hand to hand combat, shooting, running, following code maps, being a leader to my other combat members, letting Quinn or Ryan be leaders (I swear that was the hardest part.), disguises, trying my hardest to understand a simple computer code (lucas helped me cheat a couple times. But then he stopped when they told him to shut the heck up and leave me alone or else.), hijacking computers, pick a locked door (piece of cake), and a couple other things that I know I'm forgetting. 

I was tired to say the least. 

I pulled the thick blankets over my head and rolled onto my side.  

"We did pretty good out there, didn't we? I hope we get chosen for a good mission. I'd die if we had to do something stupid like make sure a bunch of five year old agents don't swallow a bullet or something."  

I pulled the covers off of myself and stared at Quinn. Since when was she talkative? Especially to me? 

"Yeah..." I said and gave her a funny look. 

She stared at me and sighed," Listen, Ava, we need to get something straight here. You and I are not friends. We probably never will be; we're too proud and stubborn to ever even try to get to know each other. But let's at least try to act mature. The people here won't even take us seriously."  

I raised my eyebrows," You've sick of it?" 

"It's childish. My mentor's been telling me so since we turned thirteen. And you know he's kinda right. If we can't even trust each other, how the heck will we ever survive even one mission?! We need to try and bear each other." 

I nodded slowly, and said probably a little too harshly for this conversation," Okay. But don't expect me to get all touchy-feely-sister-love on you, kay?" 

She nodded too and slipped under her covers without another word. 

I did the same. 

That night I had a strange dream. 

I dreamed I was walking through the old training fields. Brett came towards me, smiling, and saying that I was going on a mission. I had to find a sink with a golden faucet that would take me to another world where I would find Quinn and be able to rescue her from Penelope Blaze. 

I found the faucet, which was actually right beside me the whole time he was talking, and turned it on. When I turned around Quinn was there, but Penelope wasn't. It was Lucas who was tying her to a chair with tape. I ran towards him trying to keep him from hurting her, because I suddenly didn't want Quinn to die. I'd known her since forever and it would be weird if I didn't have a Quinn to hate. 

It's a weird relationship, I know. 

As I reached to tear the tape away from her wrists, Lucas spun her chair around and she started spinning around the room. I tried to catch her but the chair wouldn't stop moving. I noticed it suddenly started turning into a tornado of sorts and I started to move away so that I wouldn't get sucked in. But now I couldn't move. I was stuck to the spot.