Chapter One: Panic! At The Vineyard

Vivian POV

I was a college drop-out, disowned, had depression every once in a while, once suffered anxiety, bipolar, and the only thing keeping me alive was Chef. Who cared that Chef was really Charles Paddock? He was the chef of the amazing and successful Italian restaurant, The Vineyard. Chef was generous in more ways you could believe. He did me favors, such a getting me a job at The Vineyard as a waitress.

How did Chef and I meet? College, believe it or not. I managed to get into Yale. He was then just the chef of the cafeteria. I was a student trying to get my psychology degree. I had a boyfriend, Ray. He was another player, like Bentley was(more on that later). When Chef quit his cafeteria job and became the chef at The Vineyard, Ray turned abusive. That led to anxiety and depression. I dumped him. He got revenge. Ray threatened a nerd, Jack Appowill, to hack into the school network to make me a failing student. He hot-wired my car and went for a joy ride, meaning to just take it to his suicidal cousin's place. Somehow, he crashed into the school's fountain.

My car was destroyed, Ray almost died, and we got back together a week after Ray recovered almost completely. A few months later, we broke up and I was reckless out of boredom. I overheard a conversation between Ray, and his buddy, Franklin. The two were planning to go into Mexico to get some pot. Franklin caught me eavesdropping and dragged me into the mission. During winter break, we did it. We had to get caught. Chef bailed me out. Shortly after, Ray and Franklin were also bailed out. I believe Franklin changed his ways after jail and turned into a religious nut. Ray, however, ended up back in jail.

We all got expelled. I was kicked out of the family with a polite 'Fuck you!'. I still moved back to Vegas, and I moved in with Chef. Everything was alright. Chef helped me get through depression and my anxiety faded away. I still had depression every once in a while, though. I only took medication for my bipolar disorder.

I thought the world of Chef. He was utterly amazing. An older brother, a role model, a therapist, a best friend, a partner in bed. He had a very sexual mind, like me. He was almost Ryan.

However, one thing was missing from my life. No, a few things. Ryan. Spencer. Brendon. Brent freaked me out a bit too much for me to miss him. Plus, he had this massive obsession with me, and it really turned me off. I needed to see them. They made high school my best years of life. Chef and Tara(my former college roommate) were the Spencer and Brendon of college years. Chef stuck with me, while Tara never bothered to keep contact.

In some ways, I regretted that trip to Mexico. However, it was a door wide open. More freedom. I would certainly have never been in The Vineyard for that day...

Giovanni di Angelo was the kind owner of The Vineyard. Ezekiel Graves was a cook determined to take Chef's place. It wasn't that Giovanni wanted to kiss Chef's ass good-bye. He was only being fair by giving Ezekiel a chance.

While Ezekiel test-drived as chef for a day, Giovanni allowed Chef to become a waiter. It was rather slow that day, and Chef and I were chatting when squeals sounded off. It sounded like a crowd at a concert but less extreme. Only one fan girl screamed, "Brendon, I want your babies!" Most were just yelling 'I love you!'s.

"What the hell is going on?" Chef wondered aloud.

I shrugged. Then they came in. My former best friends and Jon Walker. What happened next was what I coined 'Panic! At The Vineyard'. The Vineyard was a popular place in the evening. It was just before lunch break, another busy time. But every Panic! fan girl and boy decided to eat at The Vineyard.

Brendon was the first to recognize me. Despite being Brendon Urie, he fan girled because of me. "Vivian!" He wrapped me up in a tight hug. Fans were very jealous.

I returned the feelings and embrace. "Oh my God. I thought... we would never see each other again!"

"Brendon, you're being a whore. I need to see Vivi. I need to hug her for four years of missing her." That was Ryan.

Brendon let go of me and I assaulted Spencer. I winked at Ryan. Ryan pulled me off of Spencer and crushed my body against his. We were locked in an embrace that seemed to be connected by the force of duct tape and super glue. One bitch claimed, "Ryan Ross is mine!"

"Ah, this brings me such joy. High school can be repeated," Chef remarked. He sounded distant, like he was just a narrator reflecting.

Ryan POV

It was sad that I thought I never gave such a damn about Vivian. Oh, what would Keltie do if she knew? Well, she was going to find out.

I had missed Vivi's slightly husky voice, her mischievous green eyes, electric smile. I had missed our friendship. I had missed Vivian herself.

Somehow, we let go of each other. I finally introduced her to Jon. The two got along well. Then she introduced me to Chef, who was the actual chef of The Vineyard, but some douche was desperate to take his place. Giovanni, owner of the restaurant, came to greet us. Fans, who were already at the tables, stared at Panic!, begging for autographs. We obliged after Chef took our order. I invited Vivian to come eat with us.

Laughing, joking, and getting reaquainted with each other was a breath of air. Giovanni got the wanna-be chef to get the Panic! fans out. He even closed the resturant. I became popular and did Panic! while Vivi went to college, jail for forty-eight hours, and then came back to Vegas. We were all in shock that she actually attempted to smuggle pot. Vivi was a rebel, but not that extreme. The worst she would do was sneak out.

After finishing spaghetti and the conversation started winding down, we had to leave. I promised Vivian, "We will be back." And we exchanged phone numbers. Hopefully my number will last a while.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author's POV

Panic! At The Vineyard did get news coverage. And it became rather popular on blogs and on Youtube. The Vineyard became even more popular because of Panic! At The Disco. Panic! fans came from anywhere just to eat at The Vineyard. Ezekiel did not get the job. He was just no match for Chef. Giovanni offered him bus boy, but Ezekiel refused in rude fashion, obscene gesture included.

How exactly did Jon and Vivian react? Chef said there might have been sparks. Later encounters with them made others believe that something was there. A circuit missing some wire, perhaps. Of course, this was just Chef and others' view.

What about Chef? He was a Panic! At The Disco fan, mainly because of Vivian. He knew most of the high school years, except for a few things. The Ultimate Gay Bar Extravaganza(only Spencer and Vivian know). Brendon Urie's Mistake(Vivian knows). Brendon Urie's Second Mistake(Vivian and Brendon). Not Romeo and Juliet(Ryan and Vivian). Just a few things that had some sort of effect on each person.

As you can see, there are a few secrets that they have kept from each other. Some things do become unraveled. Others stay silent.

The reunion of Ryan and Vivian was just the start of a therapeutic and troubling chain of events.