Epilogue

My head was swimming as I gazed up at the blurry lights, and I moved my arm up towards them in what seemed to be slow motion.  My thoughts seemed to be empty as I tried to figure out where I was.  Suddenly I was sitting in the most beautiful place with a Nikon camera in my hand and my sketchbook at my side.  In the distance I could see a man walking towards me.  When he approached me I saw that he was wearing a trench coat.  He sat beside me and was silent, but eventually he said to me, “How are you, Monique?  I am Castiel.”

I struggled to speak and he could see this so he then explained, “You are probably wondering why you can’t speak.  It is because you are floating between life and death.  Yes it is true that you should be dead, but I am sparing your life.”  Once he said this he disappeared and immediately I felt like I was being pulled 200 miles per hour through a tunnel.

Suddenly I was in the dark room from earlier and I could see Demetri lying dead on the floor.  I stood up and went down the stairs and found Sam who had a distraught look written all over his face.  When he saw I was fine he immediately pulled me into a hug.

~~~~~~

Later that night Dean, Sam, and I went to a bar to celebrate our job being done.  Dean asked, “So, Monique, what all happened when you ran off?”

I replied as cheerful as I could, “Nothing really… I found the yurei’s body and put her to rest.”

“Ha, I was right the yurei was the wife,” Dean responded as he stood up.  He walked over to the front and ordered another drink.

Sam sighed then asked, “Is this goodbye?”

“Yeah… I guess it is, but, hey, you still have my number, and I’ll text you my email,” I replied as I stood up.  I said as I gathered my things, “Tell Dean I said bye.”  Sam smiled and nodded, and then I walked out of the bar to my blue 1970 Chevy Camaro and drove off listening to “Epiphany” by Chrisette Michele.