Keep Your Enemies Closer..

( Kali and Derek share the role of Main Character, so you will only see their POV's unless they're both knocked out..)

Derek's POV

   ''Mom! How many times have we've been through this? I told you, I'm staying with Jones!'' I stomped on the ground, causing an echo through the room. 

 ''This hero thing is causing you to change! Being a hero isn't about fighting with your fists!'' My mother scolded, her eyes looking at my fists. 

  ''How would you know? All you do all day long is stay in this crummy house with no job! You only survive with the money I earn for allowance, and unemployment benefits.'' I screamed, pointing at her. Realization struck her, she dropped her hand to her waist. It was too late to say 'I didn't mean it' She pushed me out of my room, mouthing the word sorry. She slammed the door shut, locking it. She wouldn't cry until she knew I was gone, and I didn't want to feel guilty. So I sprinted straight to the bathroom mirror.

    ''You're a hero, not a sidekick. You're Jones' partner, not a sidekick. You're not Derek Inqualis, you are the fantastic Blue Jay. You do not talk, you fight like a warrior'' I preened, looking at myself in the mirror. 

   ''You do know that's your reflection right?'' I heard a voice peep. I rotated my head, to see the monster.

   ''I'm boosting my self confidence'' I replied back, not looking her way.

     ''Don't you already have enough confidence? You're so sure about everything you say and do'' She confronted, her hands crossed. One of her eyebrows was raised in an angle. 

Kali left, leaving myself getting tired of preening in the mirror. I let out a loud yawn, and my eyes began to shut. And with a thud onto the floor, I fell into the waves of dreams.

  ;-;

  ''Derek..'' A voice called out. There was no dream going on, all I saw was blackness. I felt something press against my ear.

  ''DEREK!'' A voice shouted in my ear. I sat up immediately, my head making contact with Kali's. Our heads crashed into each other, leaving a bump on my forehead. 

    ''What was that for?!'' I demanded questioning. I shouted at her, my voice bouncing off the walls and probably to my mom's room.

     ''I was waking you up. Jones is here'' Kali informed. She shoved me, must've been payback for bumping into her.

   ''Lousy excuse if you ask me..'' I whispered. I didn't want to get shoved again.

I dropped my bags on the floor, making a loud thud. I darted my eyes to the phone. Me and Carlos were suppose to hang out today. 

   ''Not today, Derek. I need you to do a favor for me..'' Jones stepped right in front of the phone, blocking me from reaching it. His eyes were glued to his right..

  ''No. No way am I teaching her'' I protested. Pointing at the girl, and making a X with my arms crossed. 

   ''If you don't, say goodbye to patrolling with me'' Jones warned, threatening to take one of my only joys. ''And besides, maybe she can make you less violent..'' 

 ''Me? Violent? Please. That's the next crazy thing next to the Cheshire cat..'' I reassured, with a smirk glued to my face.

    ''What's the Cheshire cat?'' A voice asked from behind. Me and Jones heads turned to see Kali. 

  ''Where have you been? Under a rock? Alice in Wonderland is one of the most popular stories ever..'' It was harsh, but it didn't matter. She was useless as a fly. 

    ''That's actually correct..Well kind of..'' Jones replied. I frowned at him. Why wasn't he on my side?

     ''Doesn't matter. The point is, there's no way you can train that thing..'' I growled, spitting onto the marble floor on purpose. 

;-;

I trained her anyway. At least it would be fun

     ''For starters, you got to be fast and quick. You got to know gymnastic, karate, and acrobatic skills. Not to mention a brain..'' I gave a quick speech of what it meant to be a hero. The fun started here.  ''Okay, you never trust a villain. Never. Got it?'' 

   ''Yeah'' She nodded, trying her best to focus. 

  ''Good..Now knock me down'' I ordered. 

   She didn't hesitate. She backed up, like a bull ready to go slam into the flag. I looked right at her, she looked like she was going to become the next fastest person on the planet. It wasn't much of a push, more of a shove. But I went along with it and fell to the ground. I ignored the sting when my back hit the cement. 

    ''Nice..'' I complimented, but only for her to get her guard down. My hand reached out, and as stupid as she was she fell for it. I gripped onto her hand hard, hopping to my feet. My right fist was ready to give her a black eye. But since I was angry today, I decided to cause more pain. With a kick in the stomach. Kali only stood there in shock, too stunned to retaliate. She flopped to the ground, with a trail of blood tickling down her nose. And thankfully, it was red. 

  ''I thought you understood, not to trust a villain..'' I glared at her. She must have a terrible memory. 

     ''I thought you were a sidekick. Is the o' mighty Derek a villain now?'' She questioned, trying to put the scene behind us. 

    ''I thought you were a idiot. Does the o' weak Kali have memory loss now?'' 

   ''Shut up!'' She shouted, but then it happened. I felt the shoe hit next to my thigh. It stung, as I crumbled to the floor in pain. She didn't realize what she did until she noticed me shouting in pain. 

''Oh my god! I'm so sorry..'' She freaked out. I don't think she's ever caused pain before. 

   ''Sorry? That's all you can say? You kick me somewhere you're not suppose to, and all you can say is sorry?'' The sting went away, and I managed to get back on my feet without stumbling. I felt like silting a knife down her throat, seeing her blood ooze out. I chuckled at the thought.

  ''Well..I didn't mean it..Forgive me?'' She begged, apologizing. 

      '' No. You're acting innocent now? You have terrible acting skills..'' I rejected the apology, and she just hung her head down. I brushed off her blood off my shirt, leaving a guilty feeling monster. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was lazy with this LOL. 

And it's short. 

And don't you love Derek?