The Gold Gate

The first story of a 17 year old dork !

this is my first attempt & its roughly edited

________________________________________________________________

Chapter One: Sunless Summer

Beeeep !

At first the noise seemed to be coming from my dream but then I had a hard time believing shirtless Jared Padalecki would be making such noise. Besides this was my dream and apart from the recent events I still think I should have some sort of control over it. Proof being the gorgeous half naked guy standing there.

Reluctantly I half opened my eyes and looked at my beeping alarm clock. 8:15.

“Crap” I jumped out of my bed surprised at my speed and headed towards the bathroom. Unfortunately and typically I fell half way there.

“Great” I looked at my feet first suspecting them to be the culprits and noticed my old leather jacket. I had no idea how that got there since the last time I saw it was 2 weeks ago and was pretty sure I shoved it in the back of my new closet. Then I remembered why I was hiding it in the first place and anger came over me just as fast as clicking the lights open. I hated myself for remembering it. Especially since I spent most of the summer trying hard not to. With that I jumped up and began running for the bathroom once more. This time more successfully or at least I thought. Once in the shower I fully opened the cold water intending to actually open the hot one like normally.

“Fuuc …”

I quickly changed that. Funny. I stopped myself from swearing. But it definitely wasn’t at all because I thought a lady shouldn’t use profanity but probably because my aunt was next door and with the way I was screaming could have probably heard it. The last thing I wanted right now was to have her come in here and start another lecture about my habits.

Ten minutes later I was out of the showers and in to my recently usual black Italian skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. A quick look in the mirror told me I was in a bad need of a strainer and some make-up. My face, unlike most sixteen year olds, was smooth and free of pimples. But today it seemed really pale. I mean I can still see my natural tan which was gifted to me by my Jamaican origins but this was too pale. Even though I didn’t go out most of this summer I never got this pale. It sort of reminded me of Jessica alba’s skin color and I took pride in having a gorgeous’ actress’ skin color.

My curly dark black hair sort of was a contrast to my skin. I usually loved my smooth and curly hair which also was a convenience since all I needed to make my almost always perfect curls was a good shower. Today they somehow seemed too much and I quickly decided to tie it in a ponytail and reminded myself that the bus was coming in 15 minutes. Unlike a lot of high schools in Wood-way Washington mine was one of the few who didn’t have yellow buses. Which means I had at least two buses to go before actually arriving to the station where the bus to school was? If I missed this bus I was pretty sure I was going to be late to school. I sighed remembering summer was actually over.

Today was the “first day” of school. A day I never minded as much but was almost angry at the thought of it right now. I got out of the bathroom and grabbed my favourite green sweater. Getting out of the house I grabbed and apple and gave up on breakfast knowing getting to my first bus stop would take at least ten minutes. The sun was out and although school was here the weather made it clear it was still summer.

My neighbourhood was pretty and by pretty I mean rich. My aunt lived in one of those gated neighbourhoods and actually looking around for the first time since I came to stay with her, I noticed how clean and neat everything really is here. Grass was a beautiful shade of green, the air smelled fresh and almost every house seemed new and old at the same time. New because all the houses seemed like it was just painted yesterday. Even my aunt‘s. And Old because the way they were made was so detailed and complex and even had a faint medieval look that it was obvious the houses were build decades ago, maybe even more. Finally arriving at the bus stop I almost choked on the last bite of my apple.

I couldn’t believe it

________________________________________________________________________________

Vote, Fan, Comment