Friday

Lauren's POV

It's Friday and I can't wait to get out of school. I wanted the day to be over so I can take Camila to the party. I had gotten to be closer to her the entire week and that meant I was getting closer to making her like me. Can this day be over soon?

Camila's POV

It was Friday and I'm nervous about the party. I was getting closer to everyone here especially Lauren. Art gives us a lot of time to talk. She says the party will be fun and that she won't leave me. It helps comfort me but I still felt sort of insecure. I've never gone to a party so I don't know what to expect. Is it as fun and crazy like on movies?

I walk into second period and I see Lauren smiling. I smile back as I take a seat and my drawing out. It was almost complete.

"You ready for tonight?" She asked. I nodded my head. The rest of the class period we planned out how she was going to go so we could get ready. It was then time for third period. I walked in and say next to Vero.

"Hey Lauren told me you were going to the party." I nodded and smiled.

"You don't seem too happy to be going to one of the biggest parties of the year."

"Parties really aren't my thing." I responded.

"It'll be fun." She said. I shrugged.

"I guess." She laughed.  The rest of class was boring since the teacher was explaining how to conjugate the words.

We walked together to lunch just like we had the past week. Reaching the cafeteria we would separate and go with our friends. It good getting less glares from Lucy after understanding we were just friends.

"So what are we doing tonight girls?" Ally asked.

"I have plans." I reply.

"What plans? Plans?" Normani questioned.

"I'm going to a party." I respond.

"You’re going to a party? Whose?" Normani exclaimed.

"I'm not sure whose party it is. I just know that Lauren invited me to go with her."

"Well I hope you have fun." Ally said.

"I'll try." I said with a smile.

The rest of lunch felt kind of awkward. As if my friends didn’t approve of me going to a party with Lauren. Maybe I should have invited them but I just can’t invite people to a party that I don’t even know whose it is. I sighed and walked to my sixth period where Lauren and Normani were already there. I took my usual seat next to Normani.