Her Reality

© Copyright 2014 by Momina19/ Momina Qazi

I stared at the application in front of me, real hard, burning it with my eyes.

Family background-

a)Mother's Birth Name:

b) Mother's Birth Place:

c)Father's Birth Name:

d)Father's Birth Place:

e)No. of Siblings:

My answers:

a) ... WAS  'Melinda Wellsmith'

b)...Turkey.... wanna now her death place too?! ... Her home.

c & d) same goes for my dad 'Nathaniel Wellsmith'

e) No siblings left.

That Is What I Felt Like Writing Down... But I Didn't.

I wrote down the required information- this is important for me. I HAVE to get this job.

I completed college a few weeks ago but my graduation ceremony isn't for another 2 weeks. I'm shifting to another apartment. Again.

Since the incident; when my house burned and literally fried my family to death (apart from me which is a miracle! note sarcasm) I have been moving from one place to another. Like a foster child I suppose. Aunty Jenn, my mum's older sister's took me in with her family.

I lived with them for 4 months but then I got offered a place at my college with accommodation along with my full scholarship. Now that I am a 99% graduate, I need to find a permanent place to call my own.  Therefore, I need to work and earn a great amount of money.

After filling out all the required information for the job, I sealed the application in a envelope and put it aside with the others.

I am in the process of applying for over 15 jobs atleast and imagine how long it took me to fill those forms out! You see, these companies prefer forms in print and online.

It took up most of my weekend. Not that I would do anything special anyways. I don't have anybody to go to and come to. It's just me and my college pal Kevin. He's nice. That's just it. .....nothing more like others assume us to be. And no he ain't gay. He was just a classmate of mine.

Once I checked that all the envelopes are sealed, I put them in my bag to deliver them to the post office early tomorrow morning.

I checked the time, 23:06. I wonder what awaits me tomorrow. ... actually what would? nothing special. Eh.. just the normal.

My mind wondered off to a place of darkness clouding my eyes.

Ring ring ring. Ring ring ring.

This continued for a couple of minutes until I got seriously annoyed. My hand reached out to stop the alarm and after the third try, I was successful.

I got up rubbing my eyes and allowing a minute for them to settle, got up, showered and got ready.

I skipped breakfast and grabbed my already prepared bag. Now off to the post office.

This is my life. I am prepared to struggle to get to my destination which I have no clue... whatever it is.