Chapter 6 - "I'm convinced that when squirrels run across the road and miss..."

Chapter 6 - "I'm convinced that when squirrels run across the road and miss us, it's some part of a squirrel gang initiation..."

Walking along the platform of the sewers, my hand dug into my pocket, as a random song started bursting from my phone like a megaphone. The colour red started flashing from my phone, and a picture of a certain blond girl, over sized sunglasses perched high on her nose, was the picture.

I grinned happily and, deepening my voice while I turned the corner and climbed the ladder, bellowed, "Helga's house of strippers, you pick 'em, we strip 'em. Helga speaking."

An exasperated sigh was drawn out through the speakers. "Hiya Onyx. Stop being so weird."

"Aw, but it's fun, Mackie."

"You know I hate South Park."

"Mackie D's"

"Onyx...

"Mack-a-tron."

"Onyx."

Stopping in the alley way, just as I passed April's car shoved in the tight space, I crossed my arms in mid-air. "OPPA MACKIE STYLE!"

"Onyx! I will seriously rip your head off and feed it to Oliver's cat!" shouted the thick British accent, making me shut up. I heard small giggles in the background of the phone, already noticing that one of the boy's was currently listening in on our conversation.

Pedo-bear's.

"But Pedro can't eat Onyx's head," screamed a scared voice. I giggled and let the intense shouting drift away into the background. New York's busy streets pulled me away from my friends arguing and back into it's magnetic and illusion-like world.

The street level of new York was mayhem. Busy passers-by bumbled past, mostly men and women with briefcases, using them as weapons against the other people walking past. Yellow taxi's and old, smoking cars were stuck in insane traffic, nothing like the traffic you'd see in normal England. My eyes traveled up the length of the buildings, seeing the setting sun reflect against the windows, casting shimmers of light across the walls beneath them.

As others pushed and crashed past me, My eyes were directed to the sky. New York was gorgeous at night. The two things that were different between America and England, was that we never had such gorgeous sun sets, even if it was a bit too early for a sunset. I briefly wondered if I'd slept in later than I thought.

Purple graced the edges of orange, reaching out like branches in the wind. Orange spread across the sky, which was once a milky blue to a dark, terrifying blue. The sun shone and shimmered over the sky-scrapers, making everything it touched a beautiful golden brown.

"Onyx? WAKE UP, YOU BUM!"

I blinked and looked away from the colourful sky, stopping at a cross road between the maze of cars. This was the first cross roads I'd seen actually in New York.

"I'm convinced that when squirrels run across the road and miss us, it's some part of a squirrel gang initiation." I announced, a thin line placed on my face. The elderly man next to me, raised one eyebrow. "O-oh my god, sir I am s-so sorry! Please don't think I'm weird I-"

"Relax, girl," he croaked, his thin lips pulling up into a wobbly smile. "My wife is like that most days. You remind me of her." I grinned at him kindly and pointed towards the light that switched to a bright, fluorescent green.

"Have a nice day, sir."

He chuckled, and nodded at me, "You too, girl." with that, all i could hear were the sounds of his cane and feet padding across the road. My eyes watched him warily, making sure he didn't get in harm's way until he reached the cafe across the road.