Chapter 3 - "I just came to tell you that Mikey was sorry..."

Chapter 3 "I just came to tell you that Mikey was sorry, but you were dancing. Nice by the way."

The room was bare at most. An old bed pushed against the far side of the wall. A thin blanket covered it with a night stand propped up against it's side. An old wooden wardrobe was a few feet away from him and a hanging light swing from the ceiling. I dropped my bag on the floor and smiled.

"I apologize for the emptiness. We didn't have much time to prepare for you." I only shook my head and thanked the rat, smiling. He exited the small room and shut the door ajar.

With one final look around the small room. I shrugged off my old shoes and sat them on the neatly made bed. Running a hand through my hair, I zipped open the duffel bag. I pushed some T-shirts and jeans aside, to find the small, metal radio that could fit in both of my hands.

I threw open the wardrobe door, my duffel bag in hand and radio in the other, and set the radio on the top shelf once I got on the tips of my toes, the music beating out of it.

'I was there to witness

Candice’s inner princess,

She wants the boys to notice,

Her rainbows and her ponies.'

I smiled when the song turned on and started to hop around my room, grabbing clothes out of my duffel bag and hanging them in the wardrobe. My bare feet padded around the small room and my head bobbed, mouthing the words.

I was hanging up a long sweatshirt when I heard a surprised chuckle. I whipped around, sending the shirt to the floor and glaring at the open door. Darkness in the hallway.

Was one of them stood out there?

Then, when my dagger was in my hand, I heard a squeak. "Wait! Wait! Don't kill me," I recognized the voice. It was Donnie, one of the first that spoke in the group of boys. "I just came to tell you that Mikey was sorry, but you were dancing. Nice by the way."

I only smirked and threw the dagger on my bed. My hands rested on my hips as i stared into the darkness. "You are stood where I'm looking, not stuck on the ceiling like spider man?" I mocked, sending a look to the ceiling. I heard Donnie chuckle. "And anyways, why didn't he tell me himself?"

"Oh, he's here, he just thinks you have a katana or something on you back like Leo normally does and your gonna stab him." he chuckled and I heard Mikey pipe up from beside the door.

"She's not gonna stab me?"

I chuckled. "No Mikey, I promise. Plus, how would I get on with you guys?" I laughed and twisted a shirt around my hand in a knot. I tossed the ball of fabric into the top of the wardrobe, barely skimming the radio. I slipped the Kunai from the sleeve of my top. "But, then again, I could use target practice?"

A few seconds wen by, before I heard Donnie screaming with laughter. Mikey had said nothing. "O-onyx! You scared him s-so bad!" he screamed, and I could imagine the look on Mikey's face...

Actually, I couldn't.

My eyebrows furrowed together with the realization. How on earth was I meant to work with them, when I couldn't even see them? April must have had special contacts. Yet, I didn't even know why I was here, all I knew was that I was representing the academy and Sensei Hamiki.

I shook the thought from my head and told Mikey I was serious about not hurting him. "Phew!" he sighed dramatically. "I thought you were a Raph clone when you came in at first. And, sorry about the nun-chucks..."

I shook my head and a smile graced over my lips. it wasn't unusual for me, despite how I felt when I got to america, I was the funny one out of my group of friends. Although most times i got called annoying, mostly by teachers. The only one who understood my weird and bubbly ways was Sensei Hamiki.