To Be Chunin

Sunakabe stared at the girl in the mirror. Long red hair, sea foam green eyes with raccoon like black marks surrounding them. She was like a female version of Gaara. 愛 stood out a proud blood red, tattooed on her forehead insured that. Something was happening, Gaara was hiding something from her. They all were, waiting and watching her reactions, bet behaviour patterns. They would leave for Konoha soon, for the Chunin Exams. She would find out soon enough, after all. Secrets had no place between her and Gaara.

The Gates of Konohagakure stood colossal and proud as they walked through them her Sensei passing their passports to what she assumed were chunin guards.

As they walked inside she continued to look around, eyes bright. Glsncing towards her Sensei, she found him already watching her as he gave her a small nod. Breaking out into a grin she jumped onto the nearest tree and started leaping across buildings. Now all she needed to do was find Gaara... And maybe something to eat.

Hopping from roof to roof a small stall caught her eye, biting back a grin she hopped down. Itadakimasu

Slipping into the booth Sunakabe breathed in deeply before sighing happily, soup, chicken soup. It wasn't a lot cooler in Konoha in comparison to Suna, but the air had more moisture compared to Suna's dry unrelenting heat. Kicking her legs back and forth. She ate happily as her long hair which she had put up in a ponytail it swung lightly in the breeze as seemed calm in the leaf village. She could see why Konohagakure was the most powerful ninja village, to make her feel so at ease in a place that was not her home that was dangerous. Smoothing out a small frown that had made its way to her forehead she went back to enjoying her food, until her hair got yanked back.

Head jerking back from her now finished bowl, Sunakabe grabbed the table with one hand in an attempt to keep steady and used her other hand to grab the wrist of the person holding her hair. Spinning on her seat her sea foam green eyes stared harshly at her offender.

He stared and Sunakabe stared back and for a few seconds there was silence. He was short only reaching her hip, obviously younger then she was with brown hair and eyes and a pair of goggles and a dark blue scalf. He broke into a smile abruptly his cheeks darkening to a red. "Hi Nee-chan!" Sunakabe blinked and lowered him to the ground letting go of his wrist as the glare melted of her face.

Scrunching her eyebrows she gave a smile "You shouldn't pull people's hair like that. It's not nice and you could get in trouble ne chibi-chan?" Placing a hand on his hair she rubbed his head.

The boy stared and got redder ducking his head slightly, cocking her head to the side with a smile her Hitai-ate shone brightly in the sun. He stared once more before smiling revealing a few missing teeth "My names Konohamaru, nice to meetcha nee-chan!" He shouted before turning on his heel and running away.

Sunakabe stared and waved with a smile she knew that young children were warned against being alone with foreign Shinobi, allies or not and with a shrug she went back to order another soup. Maybe beef this time...