Chapter 1

I past the city limit sign for Charming; I was beyond excited to see Opie, and Jax. Gemma too, she was like a second mom to me. It took my five minutes flat to get to the garage. I parked my Challenger in the parking lot, and sigh. I saw Jax right off the bat. I smiled to myself; he looked good, a bit stressed but still good. Chibs was by his side and some young guy with curly blonde hair. I laughed to myself as I watched the boy cut the deer from the car windshield. I reached into the back seat and grabbed the small blue stuffed teddy bear I got for the baby and stepped out of the car. My hair was left down in waves, my sun glasses slipped over my eyes; Jax caught sight of me quickly. A small smirk made its way to his lips. Picking up my pace a bit I ran over to him and threw my arms around his neck; he picked me up and twirled me around then set me carefully on my feet again.

"Harley Winston, I never thought I would see you again." He said pulling me in for another hug. I missed Jax so much.

"Well, I'm very unpredictable." I said shrugging my shoulders. I pushed the small bear towards him a smile on my face. "I hear you're going to be a daddy, congratulations."

"Thanks I guess." He said, he motioned towards the clubhouse. "You wanna go in and talk. Tell me why you're back."

"I guess." I said taking a deep breath ready to let the truth out. Jax opened the door for me as I stepped inside the clubhouse, not maybe people were around so I carefully pulled off my sunglasses, keeping my face away from Jax so he wouldn't notice the bruise covering my left eye. He sat down at the bar and I sat next to him turning my head slightly, making sure he couldn't see anything.

"So how's Wendy?" I asked trying to keep my anger under control.

"Pregnant." He said taking a drink of beer. When I first found out about Jax and Wendy I left, barley telling anyone I was leaving. I was beyond upset, I thought I was going to marry Jax one day, I thought I would be the one having his children, but then I found out I couldn't get pregnant, I guess that's what pushed Jax away. The news of Wendy the freaking Crack whore being pregnant pushed me even further away, but deep down I knew I would come running back to Charming one way or another.

"Well I knew that." I laughed through my jealousy.

"How have you been?" he asked quickly turning the tables. I looked down at my hands fiddling with my sunglasses.

"Okay I guess." I replied turning fully towards him, he face grew shocked and I realized I turned too far. I quickly looked away. He stood up and pulled my face towards him.

"Jesus Christ, Harley, what the hell happened?" he asked outraged.

"Nothing, it was just a little fight." I said not wanting to mention Charles.

"With who?" he asked clearly upset. He knew I was dating someone in Reno, but I gave him no reason to believe he hurt me.

"Just someone at work." I lied. Not happy with my answer he stared into my eyes trying to dig for the truth in them. His phone started to vibrate in his pocket. Slowly he pulled it out still looking at me.

"Hey ma." He said, I only heard half of the conversation but I could hear Gemma's voice squeaking through the phone. "I'm sure anything will help..Oh you know it..The new kid doesn't eat meat.." I still maintained eye contact with Jax throughout his conversation. "Hey you heard from my crazy ex-wife at all."

And with that I dropped eye contact. At least he wasn't with her anymore, which made me smile to myself. "She never answers her God damned phone.. Yeah well she's supposed to be sending me doctor bills, I haven't seen one in weeks."

I got a little worried at this point in the conversation, we all knew about Wendy's drugged up past, I thought she would do good since she had something to stop for, I guess I was wrong.