10. Wicked Games

#whoops

"Stay here! I have to go!" Were the words that escaped my mouth as I ran down the porch steps in hot pursuit of Scott and Stiles.

Allison look at me as I run past and I come to a halt, looking at her as she still is processing what's just happened.

"What do I do?" She says, trying to sounds firm but I can tell by the shakiness in her hands she far from that. In fact everything everything wrong that could happen has happened in her life. I know this because in fact that's how I am feeling.

"Stay with Lydia and do not let her out of your sight if she wants to go home fine but make her promise not to tell anyone," I ramble on, not knowing if she understand my words but judging by the way she's shaking her head at my orders I'm guessing she does.

"Imelda what the hell is happening!" Charlie yells at me, turning me around. I've never seen Charlie so distraught before and I imagine it's because of the Kanima.

"I can't explain it right now Charlie," I say, trying to take my arm back with Scott and stiles honk the horn," I need to go! You need to let me go."

"Tell me what is going on!" He yells, frustrated.

I get closer to him and meet him eye to eye," if you don't let me go people will die. That thing- the Kanima will kill someone now let me go! I'll explain when I get home you just have to trust me."

He sighs, letting my arm go and groaning frustrated," remember to take the safety off the gun."

I nod, running into the car with Scott and Stiles.

----

Stiles cuts the engine of his car off, Scott and I both already jumping out of the car.

"So what do we do now? Oh..." Stiles yells out but we are already far away from him to say anything.

Scott goes one way while I catch the whiff of the Argents and turn towards the right. I need to catch up to them somehow, maybe stop them from killing Ja... the Kanima. The sounds tires slapping against the pavement catches my ears and I realize that they are driving behind me and if I don't want them to see me all wolfed out I need to hide.

The nearest hiding spot is the small revise between the alley so I dive into it. The lights from the car pass in front of me the moment I pull the gun from my back and take the safety off. I count my breaths until 10 hearing gun shots go off the moment I begin moving down the abalones alley where the cars back lights are. I can sense Gerard's frail heart inside the car, patiently watching as his son takes on the monster.

Chris is shooting at the Kanima, but it's like the bullets aren't affecting it all. Instead it absorbs them, like its invincible. When Chris runs out of bullets it smacks him, sending him spiraling towards the ground

I run out then, shooting it in the back, forgetting that it's Jackson and about the charm around my necklace now burning where it sits on my chest. My first two bullets hit directly across its spine, the next couple connecting with its shoulder blades until finally it turns.

It's yellow eyes contract, tilting its head slightly as it analyzes me. I try not to think about how Jackson does the same thing when I talk to him, or how it stands exactly like he would. Nothing about the Kanima looks like him therefore I refuse to believe or kill it.

My fingers pause over the trigger, hands for once trembling. I stare at it," get the fuck down. Now."

The Kanima doesn't seem to comprehend, instead taking a step forward so I take a warning shot. It just misses the space between his arm and torso.