Chapter 3- 'Doc?

Tori

It was an early Saturday morning, and she had just gotten off work couple of hours ago. Despite being incredibly tired, she was hoped the weekend would  recharge her from her gruesome shift. Driving through the bustling streets of Manhattan, the sun was still hidden from the clouds it was just a little over 9  am so she did not expect too much to the day. Usually, the skies would clear up around 12 illuminating itself over central park and giving some sustenance to the crowded city. Occasionally when she had the time she would take strolls through the park, which helped her clear mind and  give her some focus to her hectic schedule.

"Idiot-" she screamed, dawning back to reality, slamming her brakes forcefully as the car in front of her made a sudden stop.

"Can you go?" she urged pressing her horn in frustration, several cars behind her displayed the same annoyance.

Finally within a few seconds the car moved forward, sighing with relief she drove taking a right turn on Broadway street. It didn't take her too long to park her car because within minutes she had begun walking up 122nd street. Pressing her car keys to her Mercedes the two beeps alerted her the car was locked.

Today was a busy day and she had a lot to get done, never having much time over the week her weekends were packed with errands she had to complete. She even went as far as taking a few hours during her shift to write them all down. Scanning the paper in her hand, it read:

1) Do laundry

2)Grab Chinese takeout

3)Grocery Shopping

4)Go service car / deposit check into account

5)Go see T

She swallowed the lump in her throat that formed from taking a glance at the 5th line. She quickly tucked the note into her blue skinny jeans, in effort to make the pain go away. As she fixed her light blue button up shirt she realized it went nicely with her brown boots which coincidentally matched the brown fedora hat she wore. Her hair was in a low updo, her bag on her right hand with a bottle of water on the left to keep her hydrated. She felt good walking down the streets, She had got to where she was by genuine hard word and being independent by herself. Who wouldn't be proud of her accomplishments.

"Doctor Sterling" a deep voice called from behind her, groaning internally Tori knew it had to be a patient.

"Yes!" She turned around forcing a sweet smile not wanting them to catch her off guard, but the smile soon faded as she saw who it was

" Kellan!" she said with a stupid grin on her face. "What are you doing here? I told you to call me Tori outside the hospital, doctor sounds too old, " she added her smile turning more playful.

he chuckled, " Of course Tori," he said emulating a strong yet gentle presence .

"I was just in the coffee shop until I noticed you and your car over there." He grinned flashing his white teeth.

She couldn't lie Kellan was a very attractive blonde, he stood six feet two with a well-defined body with the most dashing blue eyes and dimples that highlighted his whole features. They had met when he came in for post traumatic stress disorder, he was a newly returned army veteran that was stationed in Iraq. She had saw him through the worse. But with rehab and counseling he  slowly returning to himself. Occasionally, he would stop by the hospital for a general check up, but other than that she hasn't seen him in a while.

"Soooo," He said slowly, rocking back and forth his hand in his back pocket, he wore a light cashmere sweater with a black jean that was very fitted on his body.