Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

I was finally back in school by Wednesday and I couldn't get Jeff off my mind. I couldn't even pay attention in science, but the rest of the classes were normal for me to ignore.

"Lyric are you okay?" Ariel asked.

"Huh, yeah I'm fine." I say being pulled out of my thoughts.

"Well I wanted to thank you for standing up for us." she said with a smile on her face.

" Yeah, that was freaking awesome!" Jamie said.

"Thanks." I said nervously.

"Yeah, you might want to watch your back from now on." Ariel said looking over at Erica and Emily's table.

I looked over there and saw them already sending me daggers. I instantly regreted doing anything, I should've just left it alone, but I knew I couldn't just let them terrorize my friends.

I sighed, "Guys, I think I'm just gonna hang out outside for the rest of the period." I said standing up with my tray.

"Okay, see you later." They said. I threw my untouched food away and headed for the park across from the school. This park was bigger than the one where I found Grim. I just sat down under a tree and started pulling grass from the ground.

"What did that grass ever do to you?" I heard someone say from above me.

"What do you want, Jeff?" I sighed. He sat down beside me and I scooted away from him. He smelt like peppermint.

"I wanted to apologise for attacking you the other day." he said.

I chuckled humorlessly, "Oh really? How thoughtful of you." I replied.

He sighed, "Do you forgive me?" he asked.

"Oh sure. I'll forgive the psyco killer who attacked me for no reason." I said sarcastically, "What do you think?" I asked.

"I understand." He said standing up. He sounded disappointed.

"Well, I'll see you later." he said and my head shot up towards him.

"No. No you won't see me later." I said quickly.

He looked at me confused, " Why not?" he asked.

"Because I don't forgive you and I don't want to see you ever again." I told him, but I regreted it when I saw the look in his eyes. He seemed sad. I don't know why I cared, but I wasn't going to let him know that I did.

"Oh," he said. "Well I hope you change your mind."

"I won't." I said. That was a lie.

He just looked down at me before walking away. Then I heard the bell ring, so I went back over to the school.

* * *

"Ow, crap!" I whispered. I just got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but I didn't realise the door was closed, so I kind of ran into it. I opened the door and went to turn on the light, but it didn't work. I sighed and walked out of my room to the hall closet. It only took a few seconds to find the lightbulbs and I walked back to my room to change the light. When I had the light fixed, I used the bathroom and got back in bed with Grim.

* * *

The next morning I walked downstairs already dressed in a white My Chemical Romance shirt with red words, red skinny jeans and white converse. I told my mom I was walking to school today, I just felt like getting some fresh air. It had been a week since I told Jeff that I didn't want to see him and I already missed him. I don't even know why, it's not like we ever talked. Maybe I was just missing his face, his beautiful face. That's all, it was his looks, not him and I needed to get over it.

"Hi Ariel, where's Jamie." I said as I sat down in my 3rd period seat. " I didn't see her in 2nd."

"She wasn't feeling well today, so she stayed home." she said eating a cupcake.

"Oh. Where'd you get the cupcake?" I asked eyeing her cupcake.

"I bought it from that chick over there." she said moving her cupcake away from me so I wouldn't try to steal it. I saw a girl with a box of them.

"You got a dollar?" I asked.

"Here." she said handing me a dollar bill.

"Yay!" I squealed running to get a cupcake of my own.

"Thanks, boo." I said when I got back to the table.

She chuckled, "No problem."

"This is the most heavenly cupcake I've ever tasted." I said stuffing my face with it ;)

Ariel laughed at me and kept eating her yellow cupcake, mine was purple, I like purple. Then class started and things got pretty boring.

We talked at lunch and stuff, but the rest of the day sort of sucked.

* * *

I sat in my room listening to madness by Muse when my mom came in.

"I thought I said no music." She said.

" Oh, yeah, sorry." I said turning of my ipod.

She sat down beside me on the floor, "So why are you sitting in the corner?" she asked.

"I'm trying to think of how I want to redecorate my room." I replied taking a sip of the tea she was holding in her hand.

"Hey!" she said protecting her drink from me. "So what are you thinking?" she asked.

"I want the walls lavender with band posters all over them and I'm thinking I want that white desk that the neighbors offered us." I said trying to grab her cup from her, so she finally just gave it to me. "Yay!" I screamed drinking the last of the tea.

She winced and covered her ears at my loudness, "Well I'll call them then and we can go shop for paint and posters tommorow." She said getting up and straighting the clothes that I had left on the floor.

"Thanks." I said as she walked out.

A few hours later a fell into a dreamless sleep with Grim by my side. I also thought about inviting Jamie and Ariel to stay over at my house this weekend, since tommorow was Friday, but I'd have to ask my mom.