Unexpected Heat Spell

Feet crunching ground to the left sounded in the silent night like gunshots, disturbing the couple from their embrace. It was the next watch. Braen pulled from Lyaen slowly as Lietenant Kadenin crested the hill, as if leaving her small comfort was driving a dagger in his chest. Lyaen sighed, feeling the same. The two men nodded to each other, and Kadenin only glanced slightly at Lyaen, but she could've sworn she saw a small smile alighting upon his mustache. But you could never be sure.

Braen and Lyaen walked to the camp, the silence drumming down on them in the dark. Lyaen was surprised, however, to see them stop at Braen's tent first. Thinking he had been planning to walk her back to her tent, Lyaen's chest tightened with hurt. Was he so embarrassed that he didn't even want to be seen with her in the camp? Had he just been humoring her.Just as she was about to walk away, though, Braen grabbed her in a clumsy embrace, as if doing it before he changed his mind. The breath went out of Lyaen as his lips descended upon hers, releasing a million fluttering wings in her stomach. His hands flew all around her waist, running and caressing. She freeded her arms and clasped his shoulders with need, massaging his nape and running a hand through his wild locks.

After a few gasping moments Braen abruptly scooped Lyaen into his arms, and she felt hope blossoming in her chest. There was a reason they stopped at Braen's tent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart was beating out a demented symphony of fear as I was frozen there, nausea twisting my stomach into knots. I screwed my eyes shut expecting pain, or ice, or something equally unpleasant, constantly aware of the presence on my leg. It was as frozen as I was for a few seconds, then began to slither up my leg. I gasped in surprise at its warm, sensual touch. Goosebumps erupted all over my skin as the Wind continued its ascent. The hair on my arms were standing up, but I couldn't help but be...hypnotized.

This encounter was so unlike the others. They had been reckless and violent while this one is distinctly...I blushed. It's wind, an inanimate being. 'A natural current of air moving so fast you could feel it' that's what the website had defined it as. But still...I felt completely violated as the stream of heated air slithered across my thigh and onto my stomach, blowing puffs of heat over my skin, making it crawl. At the same time, however, the experience was sickeningly pleasant. Wow Resa you're getting turned on by an air current. Are you that hard up? I was disgusted, but nothing could urge me to move. Run, run, run, my mind screamed, but I was stone. The soft touch of the Wind held me entranced. It crawled from my front to my back and started swirling around my shoulder blades.

That's when there was a spark. A spark of a memory wonderful and warm in a real way, not in the creepy way the Wind was operating. It was Storm rubbing that same spot between my shoulder blades and whispering comfortingly in my ear. Sickened that the stream of air would be in the same place, that I was letting it, shot me out of my hypnosis.

I started to slap everywhere in my body, almost hysterical. The Wind zipped away from my abuse, moving faster and more panicked as I grew less cooperative. Frantic, I started to claw my skin, trying to get it off, away from me.

All pretenses were ripped away by this time and the Wind wasn't soft and nice anymore. It grew scorching, slicing by my hips like a razor blade. I cried out as it burned me and I started to turn on the sink, worried it would set me on fire. It was raging and I was weak. My nerves were starting to unravel as fear's grimy paw grasped my heart.

"Ms. Lauss? Ms. Lauss!" suddenly a worried Mrs. Baxter was behind me, grasping my shoulder. She was my nasty English teacher. Tears of relief, blinding fear, and pure hate of the wind battled inside my soul, but for a moment I couldn't focus on any of it. Mrs. Baxter, strict, crabby, malicious Mrs. Baxter, was asking if I was okay. With a human-looking expression. It was so bizarre and not what I should be thinking about right then that I just burst out laughing. In the girl's bathroom, clutching the sink, with Mrs. Baxter behind me, I dissolved in hysterical giggles.