Chapter 8

This chapter is constructed and ready to be read!

if you have ideas, comment them

QOTD: Where are you guys from?

Gif/pic of Nora to the side

"My feet are sore," I complained. Danica laughed, her huge amounts of shopping bags clinking against her sides.

"If it ain't hurtin, it ain't helpin. Remember that sweetheart," She said with a laugh. I chuckled at her. We'd been shopping for hours and I was ready to just drop dead. I had never been out for so long. We've been at the mall for at least 4 hours! My little body wasn't ready for this kind of thing!

"Food court?" she asked. I nodded, ready to do anything in order to get away from small red price tags. As we rode the escalator, two men came up to us. A dark feeling rumbled through my body as I refused to look at them. I slowly stepped up a stair, then got off as we came to the top.

"Can we help you?" Danica asked confidently at the top. I however was close to cowering. Were they from Sunscorch? Shouldn't I have smelt them? Was my brother here? My eyes began to swivel in all directions as paranoia took me hostage.

The younger one with short blonde hair smiled.

"We were just wondering if you two lovely ladies would care to join us for a movie playing over at Cinema 89." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I shrank back, but Danica simply laughed a short response.

"That is so cute!" She said, doubling over. I stared at her wide-eyed. I saw the two boys's face harden in confusion and irritation.

"What about you cutie?" He asked, following us as we began to walk away. I opened my mouth in shock.

"I-I don't even know your name!" I tried. Well, better than cowering right?

"Troy and Gilmore," He announced. I gulped nervously. I wanted no part of this. If Damon found out I bet he'd be pissed.

"Listen, we're flattered but we are both in a relationship," Danica said politely as we tried to turn the corner. I felt relieved. She was so strong and courageous. Something I wish I could be.

Gilmore, with the bald head, grasped my arm roughly, Troy doing the same on Danica. My heart beat picked up as I began to feel sick. Fear built into my stomach as I froze in the spot, while Danica looked merely annoyed.

"Just think of it as 'us borrowing' you." Troy said with a sadistic grin.

"Or you could let go of them. Now," a dark voice replied from behind me. I turned around to see my knight in shining armor. Or just a nice t-shirt, dark jeans and boots but hey, who's judging here?

Damon's eyes were dark, clearly showing he was not happy. Immediately, the two let go of us. And before I could help it, my back slunk against Damon's chest. I felt so happy he was here, and I felt safe. Yet apart of me wishes I was just like Danica. I wanted to be stronger. I wanted to be a fighter.

"Listen douchebag-"

But in one swift movement, Damon's hand reached out for Gilmore's. His grip was tight and strong, and I became wary of the fact that Gilmore groaned in pain, doubling over.

He was breaking his hand!

"Wait, don't!" I turned, my hands on my mate's chest. I didn't want to see Damon's dark side any longer. For a moment, it was like he couldn't hear me. It might sound stupid, I know. These two guys were pigs and definitely deserved some type of punishment, but I couldn't stand to see the frightening side of Damon yet.