Chapter 4.

Pic of Danica to the side

Damon's POV*~*

It'd been a whole week and she was starting to get better. Today was the first day that she was going to get up and try to go to downstairs. She had been making progress and now she was eating better too. She wasn't as skinny as she was, her mood enlightened and she was growing more gorgeous.

So many times, I just wanted to take her, but she was so fragile and innocent, I wouldn't put that at stake.

I climbed up the stairs with a plate of toast in my hand. I opened the door to see her standing up and looking out of the window. I walked over and set the plate down on the nighstand and walked over to her side. "How are you-"

"I'm fine." She cut me off. I furrowed my brows. Her voice came out sharp and stressful. I just stared at her.

"Rena . . " I started.

Rena's POV~*~

"Rena . . " He said before trailing off. Annoyance bubbled through me.

I slowly sat down on the ground and forced my knees up against my chest. Damon walked over.

"Rena, what's the matter?" He asked.

"I'm tired of being asked how I'm feeling. I'm seen as the weak wolf around here. Around everywhere. I'm tired of being scared. I don't want to be afraid anymore." I said before tears leaked from the corners of my eyes. I was getting so emotional over this. I knew it was ridiculous.

Damon's arms wrapped around me, making me feel sparks and tingles.

"We ask you that because we care. You're not a weak wolf. You're weak at the moment." He said, trying to comfort me.

"We found you. That river, at the border. Meet there. Don't tell anyone. Or we'll hurt them." I heard. My mind link was on! This whole time! I thought it'd be off! That was Larson . . He used his mind link to contact me. He knew where I was. I stared at Damon. How could I get out of here? But then again . . . he is my mate. This only happens once. Yet I'm doing this protect him. I hope he understands.

"Can I go for a walk? I want to have a bit of time to myself . . . " I said slowly. I hated lying to him. But I was protecting him. And his pack.

"I want to come with you." He said sheepishly. I bit my lip. I didn't want to guilt trip him, but I needed to.

"I need to be alone . . I want to think." I replied.

"Can't you think in here?" Damon asked desperately, his eyes begging me to say yes. Gulping, I released a sigh.

"I'll be back before you know it. I need to be alone for a second." I replied. He pondered a bit, then nodded, helping me up. I felt bad, but I didn't want to be more of a burden than I already am.

I walked out of the room, enjoying getting up and being able to move around. He led me down the little stairs. I tip-toed down each one until I saw wondering eyes. I saw Danica setting in between a man's legs; probably her mate. They all stared until Damon gave them cold eyes, making them get back to what they were doing. I looked down and saw I was in a t-shirt and sweats. I eyed Damon mysteriously.

"Danica hooked you up. Is that alright?" He asked. My eyes traveled to her as she waited with anxst, staring at me.

"She really didn't have to. But thank you." I said, the last part directed to her. She smiled and shrugged before talking with some girl.

I exited the house and Damon grabbed my hand. I glanced at him. "Be careful." He said. I nodded and forced a smiled before shutting the door. This was it. I was on my own again. I sighed and started to walk.