William, 43

I walk through the Hogwarts halls, a pile of books under one arm.

"Shouldn't you be in class, Shelby?"

"Yes, sir. I was just in the bathroom."

I reach the Head Master's office and go straight in. There's a small placard on the desk.

Professor W. Weasley

I place my books on the desk and sit down in the chair, sighing in satisfaction. I've worked at Hogwarts for just over twenty years, not as long as some of the other teachers, but I still felt gratified when the board elected me as the new Head Master. This year has had its trials, trying to please everyone is not easy, but it's been worth it.

I check my watch just as the bell rings. That was the last bell of this year. Tonight we have the End of Year feast, tomorrow the children return home and I can go home to my beautiful daughter.

I look at the framed picture of Lavina on my desk and feel a bitter-sweet pang. She's wonderful and I love her, but she always reminds me of her mother, the woman who died giving birth to her. Tori was an incredible woman and I still miss her to this day. I sigh and shake my head. I stand up and straighten my robes, before heading down to the Great Hall.

The students are all talking and chattering, waiting for the feast to begin. I stand at the staff table, looking out over the blue and bronze decorations celebrating Ravenclaw winning the house cup. I clap once and the students fall silent.

"Once again the year is drawing to a close," I say, "I would like to congratulate the NEWT students for all their efforts and wish them luck in their future endeavors. I would also like to congratulate Ravenclaw-"

My sentence is cut off by the Ravenclaw table's cheering. I allow it to die down before continuing.

"I also have some sad new," I say, "Professor Longbottom is giving up his position as Herbology teacher. He has been serving at this school for many years. Please join me in thanking him."

I clap and the other teachers and students join in. Neville smiles and nods to me. I sit down, allowing the feast to begin.

After dinner I seek out the deputy head.

"Sonia, could you supervise the students leaving tomorrow?" I ask, "I'd like to surprise my daughter tonight."

"Sure," she says, "see you next year, William."

I go back to my office and get my bags. I disapparate straight to Lucy's house were Lavina lives most of the year. I knock quietly on the front door. Tomas answers it, Lucy appearing behind her.

"Hey Will," Tomas says, stepping back to let me in.

"Is she asleep?" I ask Lucy after greeting Tomas

"Yeah, only just," Lucy says. I sneak upstairs to Lavina's room and push the door open. A beam of light falls across her face, peaceful in sleep. I sigh quietly. I wish I could spend more time with her. I cross the room noiselessly and kiss her on the forehead, half hoping I wake her. She doesn't even stir.

I slip back downstairs to where Lucy and Tomas are sitting in the living room.

"How's she been?" I ask, sitting opposite them.

"Fine, as always," Lucy says, "it's hard to believe she's starting at Hogwarts at the end of summer. It'll be different without her."

"I'm looking forward to it," I say. Lucy smiles at me.

"I know," she says, "she and Reece have been talking about nothing else for weeks."

"I guess this is the last night she'll sleep here," I say ponderingly. Lucy's face drops and she nods.