Potter Potter!! (chapters 11-end)

Chapter Eleven: Mixed Feelings

Summary: What in the world could Petunia want with Lily? She’s practically ignored for 16 years! Harry, Ginny, Serenity, Hermione and Ron (and the rest of the school) go back to Hogwarts. And Voldie is up to something…

Harry, Lily, and Serenity had just gathered their presents and were about to floo to the Weasley’s when the doorbell rang. Harry and Lily looked at each other. Who in earth would be at the door, they didn’t know anyone who would ring the doorbell. Lily put down her packages and rushed to the door, Harry and Serenity did the same and followed.

Lily opened the door and gasped. Standing there was her sister Petunia Dursley!

“P-Petunia! What are you doing here?” Lily stuttered. Harry also looked shocked, it was the first time he had actually seen his aunt, but Lily had told Harry of all the things she said and did. And after all she had ignored them for over sixteen years. 

“Lily, hi, can I come in?” Petunia hesitated. Lily nodded and opened the door further. Petunia stepped inside and looked at her surroundings. 

“Please sit down, I have to make a call.”

“Of course.” Petunia answered and watched as Lily walked over to the fireplace and put her hand in a gold chest. She then heard her say the burrow and a kitchen appeared in the fire. Petunia eyes practically popped out of her head when she saw this. A red haired woman was moving around obviously making something. 

“Molly!” Lily called into the fire.

“Oh Lily! We were expecting you! But why are you not coming over?”

“Uh, my sister is here, unexpectedly, I might be late, but I’m sending Serenity and Harry if he’ll go.”

“Oh sure! Dinner won’t be ready for another hour at least.”

“Thanks Molly!” Lily waved and pushed Serenity through the fire to the Weasley’s and then had a small battle with Harry before she got him through with the rest of the gifts. She shook her head smiling and then turned her attention back to her sister. 

“So, Petunia what do you want?” Lily asked.

“I know that it is rather odd for me to be here especially on Christmas. But I couldn’t think of anywhere else to go and I was hoping that even all these years you’d still talk to me.”

“OF course I would Petunia, you’re my sister.”

“I know but I’ve been so cruel to you for all these years, I pretended like you didn’t exist. I’ll never know why you don’t hate me but I guess I should be grateful.”

“It’s okay, I’d never be mad enough at you to turn you away, but, forgive me if this sounds rude, why are you here?”

“You remember Vernon?”

“Yes,” Lily answered sarcastically, it was plain she didn’t like him. 

“Well, he has been acting funny lately and Dudley told me he saw him with another girl. I didn’t belive him until I saw it myself. I never thought Vernon would cheat on me, but he did, and Dudley doesn’t even care.” Petunia was crying as she said these last words. Lily put her arms around her sister who hugged back. 

“I don’t know what to do Lily.”

“Well, your welcome to stay here.”

“Oh, no I couldn’t, I couldn’t impose on you after all these years.”

“Petunia! You are my only sister! If you have nowhere to go, stay here, if you have the money and you want to leave then by all means go if you like. But I would strongly suggest you stay here, you don’t have much work experience and finding a job that would support you would be quite difficult. Please sis, stay here.”