Chapter 9 - A Heavenly Affair

Chapter 9.

"You look gorgeous! Doesn't she ladies?" Ashlyn gasps, as I emerge from her walk-in wardrobe in my navy blue high waisted shorts and striped sailor tee. The other girls Ash had invited over had helped to pull the look together, Tauren Hansen, had just expertly fishtailed my long auburn hair, whilst Macy Gorgons, had handled my makeup.

"You look ready to go to a party, to put it frankly." Tauren chuckles, adjusting her cropped denim jacket in Ashlyn's mirror.

Macy smiles, "You look beautiful."

"Right, shall we take this party downstairs?" Ash suggests, "The boys will be waiting for us."

Tauren, Macy and I follow Ash as she ambles down the hallway in her swimsuit and sheer throw-over, her vibrant curls up in a ponytail, roman sandals on her feet.

The four of us head down the staircase and stride into the adjoining kitchen to see the boys. I enter the room to see Andrew, Lyke and Luca sipping drinks around the dark marble island in the room. Large low hanging lights illuminate the sparking champagne flutes underneath it; Classy.

"Ladies, so nice to see you." Lyke grins, pulling each of us into a hug as we gather around the island and grab drinks.

It's not hard to tell that he's already slightly tipsy.

"Lyke." I murmur in his ear as he smothers me, "Stay focused tonight. Remember what we have to look for."

He nods, "Fine. I still want to have fun though."

I pat him on the shoulder, "Don't worry, you can. I just don't want to find you passed out at Tigers house if I need your help."

I pull away from Lyke and turn back to the group, quick enough to see a hint of something cross Andrews face.

Could that be it? Maybe he's acting so hostile because he thinks Lyke and I have something, I mean, I've been spending a lot of time with the guy recently. I suppose it could look like something that it's not.

Luca coughs and runs a hand through his jet-black hair, "Shall we get going?"

We all nod in unison and finish off our drinks, I take a few sips of mine and leave the flute on the island, I want to be coherent tonight.

It's decided that the guys will travel in Luca's Jaguar XK, (Lucky guy.) whilst Ashlyn insists that we take her Ferrari, (Again, these guys have insane cars.) and in no time, I'm speeding of to Tigers chateau with the girls, wondering what I'm going to find when I get there.

Well, despite all the amazing stories I'd heard about the Berwick's mansion, nothing, absolutely nothing, prepared me for what it was going to be like when I arrived.

"Wow." I breathe, otherwise rendered completely speechless as Ashlyn, Tauren, Macy and I get out of Ashlyn's Ferrari to join the boys.

"It's really something else, isn't it?" Lyke chuckles as I walk over to him.

I nod, and look at the stunning chateau in front of me. With the music blaring and strobe lights blasting throughout the spacious two story building. People are everywhere, the noise is insane and it's not hard to spot the Berwick's infamous three level infinity pool, as it's absolutely packed with students.

I glance up to see a couple of students I know chatting on one of the glass rimmed balconies, the whole place looks crazy, and idyllic.

Tiger Berwick sure knows how to throw a party.

Lyke comes to stand between Ashlyn and I and wraps an arm around both of our shoulders before directing us into Tiger's mansion.

Andrew, Luca, Macy and Tauren follow behind, all of us looking at the place we're about to enter. I don't know whether I should be excited or afraid.