Chapter 2

Here is the next chapter. Please comment to let me know what you think.

I got home and took my bag to my room, and when I went back down stairs I noticed the light on the answering machine blinking. I hit the button and heard my dad.

“Hello, Alexa it’s dad. Just calling to see how your day went. Guess I missed you. Give me a call when you get in. K love you bye.”

I grabbed the phone and went to the fridge to get the number. It rang twice and he picked up.

“Hello Rick Morgan.”

“Hi dad.”

“Hey how was the first day back.”

“You know the usual handing out books, and lots of home work.”I replied.

“That sounds like fun.”he chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh yeah great fun.”I laughed too.

“I’m glad you called, Mr. Peterson needs me to stay a couple days longer to get one more training session in, so I won’t have anymore until spring. So I won’t be home until Monday.”he said.

“Ok.”

“So you think you can handle that?”he asked.

“Yea, I’ll be fine. You worry to much. You know I am 17.” I stated. Like he didn’t know how old I was.

“I know, but I worry with you being alone all the time.”he said.

“So do you have any plans tonight?” he asked.

“Emily wanted me to go to Ryan’s house for a back to school party, but if you don’t want me to I understand.” I crossed my fingers that he would say no.

“well will Ryan’s parents be there?”

“I think so.” I said.

“As long as you don’t stay out to late, that would be fine.”he said.

Well there went that idea.

“Ok I will be home early.”I promised. At least I could leave after a couple of hours.

“Listen honey I have to go but give me a call tomorrow ok.” he said.

“Ok love you.”

“Love you, and be safe. K bye.”

“I will bye.”

The line went dead and I hung up. Well I guess I better change and get my home work done. I trudged up the stairs to my room. I looked through my closet for my green baby-doll shirt and my sandals. I got them out and sat them on the bed so I could dress after I got my work done. After I finished I got my clothes on and looked around my room.

It was still painted a light purple color. I had a white twin bed on one wall and the dresser on the other. My desk with my computer was over by the window, with a shelf full of books beside that. I was going to miss this room next year, when I go to college. I had applied to Oregon state but I haven’t heard an thing yet.

I was starting to worry about my dad. I feel bad leaving him, because of what my mom did to him. But he says he will be fine. I hope so. I put my sandals on and went to the bathroom to fix my hair and to check my makeup.

I finished up and went to the kitchen to find something to eat. There was some left over pizza in the fridge so I got me a slice and put it in the microwave. While that heated up I got a piece of paper and started to make a list for the store. The bell dinged and I got my food and sat at the table to eat. My phone rang and it was Emily she was on her way. I washed up my dishes and then while I waited I flipped through the stations on the TV. .By the time I found something relatively interesting to watch I heard Emily honk. I grabbed my keys and locked the door on the way out. I slid in the passenger seat and put on the seat belt.