Rapunzel with a Twist - Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Bye Miss Anderson! See you next week. " she bid her goodbye, smiling. I just nodded at her and proceeded to the dining area to eat my lunch. My life is a routine. Everything is scheduled. After eating, I headed to my room to rest for awhile and prepare for my next class. My room. My enormous room. I've got everything in here. I even have my own kitchenette inside which I barely use. I was just lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling when someone knocked on my door.

" Come in. " I commanded

"I'm sorry to disturb you Miss, but Mr. Santos is waiting for you at the study room."

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute." I fixed my hair, my dress, looked in the mirror and went to the study room

Mr. Enrique Santos is busy with his papers lying everywhere. His hair is a mess. His glasses is a bit crooked. He greeted me when he noticed that I'm already inside. Same as the usual. He teaches, I listen.
Nothing really unusual happened for a week. I did my same old routine.

"Good morning, Miss" she greeted smiling, again.

"Good morning " I said back. She's giving me strange vibes.

"So, how was your weekend?"

"Fine."

"Are you always this....?" She's about to ask something but stopped in the way, clearly hesitating.

"Always what?"

"Cold?"

"No, I'm not cold. I don't know what made you say that, but thank you for asking." I don't understand how she brought herself to conclude that I'm cold when we just turned the air-conditioner on. Maybe she's cold?

"No. What I meant was....nevermind." She said and smiled to me again.

"Are you cold? Do you want to turn the air conditioner off?" Confused, I asked.

"No. It's okay. I'm fine." she never loses her smile, weird

As we started our lesson, I noticed how little to no use of own words or way of explaining she does. Almost everything is by the book. I doesn't matter to me but, I kind of expected something more. Of course, this subject is almost of no importance and is just required in the curriculum so maybe that's why who and how they teach me this is not important as well.

Meetings after meetings, Miss Sy is getting nosier than ever. She keeps asking about my life but I can't really tell her anything as there's really nothing to tell. She talks about her life a lot too. She's a bit loud and smiley and friendly. I can tell she wants us to be friends yet I wont budge. I don't know if I don't want to or I'm just too busy of other things to care for a mere friendship I don't even need.
Months passed and I have wasted a lot of time for lessons in her class more than in any other classes my whole life combined. Although in her defense, it doesn't really matter. And it's true, I could ace that class without anyone teaching me so I focused more on my other important subjects.

A month before the end of my homeschooling, one class has been added to my schedule. It's not really included in my curriculum, but I was told it was essential. My new class is all about learning how to use different kinds of technological inventions. Of course, I know how to use a computer as I own a Mac but I have never known the wide world of internet. I was told to use it moderately as it could cause distraction so I only use it to make reports. One of the few things in my new class is to learn how to use a phone. It was mainly basic, call and text. I was also introduced by this thing which is very handy that I could use for making reports. I think it was called an iPad. I was surprised when I finally used the internet for research. I have always known about it but I never really needed it as we have tons of reference books in our library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Support! Vote and Comment ! :)