Chapter 13: Note

This chapter ended up being longer than expected. Hehe. Hope you  like it thoooough! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sun slapping my face through the large open window. It was normally never this sunny when I usually wake up. I lay there, enjoying the warmth. Then, last nights events came flooding back and I groaned and sunk deeper into my covers. I didn't feel like confronting anyone today. Especially Johanna. 

The room was silent which meant Brianna had already left, which I was greatly thankful for. Today was Saturday so she probably took the first chance to go to the  nearby mall. But through all the crap that had happened, there was one good thing that came out of it. I had gotten the chance to talk to Eric AND he knew my name. 

How? I have no idea, but I sure was flattered. 

The heat finally got to me and I threw the covers off and padded my way to the window while hopping over rollers, hair straighteners, and makeup that lay scattered on Brianna's floor. If only she could eat the makeup so she'd look just as beautiful from the inside. I untied the curtains and the room went dark and cool. 

Knock, Knock. 

My heart jumped. It must be Johanna. Had someone already informed her about Nick? I wasn't prepared to talk to her about it, but I quickly went to the door. I took a deep breath, but forgot to exhale when I saw who was on the other side. 

"Good morning," Eric gave me a smile, relieving his perfect white teeth. I suddenly became conscious of my own.

"Oh. Morning," I gave a weak laugh, trying to play cool.

WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE?

"Thought I'd check up on you," his smile became serious, "you looked really freaked last night."

My face reddened at the memory of it. Of when I hugged him and cried like a baby. Of him witnessing someone overpower me. 

"Yeah, I um," I tried to form smooth sentences, but it wasn't working, "I'm fine now."

He stood there studying my face. His eyes were dark again, and very unnerving. It felt like he was staring right through me at something else that I didn't even know was there. We both stood there, his eyes on my face, and my eyes trying to look at anything but him.

Desperate to get his attention off me, I made an even bigger mistake.

"Why don't you come in?" 

He nodded and brushed past me. The smell of his cologne sent shivers down my spine. Was there anything not perfect about him?

I closed the door and walked towards him, but not before catching my reflection in the mirror. I groaned in my head at what I saw. My brown hair looked like a birds nest and my eyes had bags under them from not sleeping for half the night. I casually ran my hand through my hair and sat a good distance away from him on the couch. 

"Nick has been taken care of," he didn't look at me, "you won't be seeing him again."

I raised a questioning eyebrow at him, but didn't say anything. Sensing my curiosity, he continued, "He's been expelled. Such behavior isn't tolerated here. It would be better if you didn't tell anyone about this. We don't want people talking about it and ruining CB's reputation."

"So what do I people?" I asked, slightly angry, "What do I tell Nick's girlfriend?"

I was upset that the school cared more about its reputation than for its students, but also kind of relieved. I can only imagine the embarrassment I would feel at everyone knowing what had almost happened to me.