Chapter Eight - The Last Day

Chapter 8 – The Last Day

Blake and I sang loudly to 'Ain't No Moutain High Enough' as we drove to the exhibition.

Blake's dad was friends with the artist and I think Josh's father was the one to curate it, so it was kind of a big deal and I hadn't wanted to be late for it.

Blake and Josh had been supposed to go snowboard for the week, but Josh had broken his arm a few days before they were supposed to leave and so they had cancelled their trip.

After over a week, we still had no idea how Josh had broken his arm. He didn't want to tell us, but I was sure it had something to do with Daphnee. Those two had something going on, I was sure of it. Blake thought the same too.

When the song ended and we stopped singing, I asked Blake, "Do you think Josh's broken arm is like some kind of sex related injury?"

"With Daph?"

"Does it even need asking?"

"Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. Or it's something really ridiculous like they fought over who's the best between the Beatles and the Rolling Stones and Daph actually threw a stone at him to prove a point."

I laughed. "Good god, that's also a plausible explanation."

"Either way, these two are going to end up together, it's so obvious it's a little sad actually," Blake said, with a small smile.

I smiled back at him and leaned my head against his shoulder.

Ever since my mother had left I don't think Blake and I hadn't spent one night apart. Blake stayed at our house two weeks after my mother had left, taking care of all of us. My father never said anything, but I knew how grateful he was for his presence.

Blake mended us.

Things were falling back into place. We would graduate soon and we were going to the same college. Dad was fine now. Tyler was okay too and Annabelle was even less sufferable than she usually was, though maybe it had something to do with the fact that we lived apart. Either way, my family was going to be okay and Blake was never leaving me. That's all that mattered.

"Hey, I was thinking, for your concerto next week, maybe we should invite Vanessa. It'll give her a reason to come and visit Tyler."

Blake's father was conducting the concerto and his pianist had injured himself two weeks ago, so he had asked Blake to fill in the spot. Blake was a great pianist. After his brother had died he had stopped playing for a little while, but I had always pushed him to never give up on it. He was too good to stop. I had always envied his talent and I never wanted him to waste it.

"What do you think?" I asked again, but Blake didn't answer so lifted my head away form his shoulder and I looked his way and then frowned because he looked weird, like something was wrong. "Blake?" I said, holding on to his arm.

And then everything happened all at one.

Blake started to scream in pain, his hands going to his head. The car veered out of the road hitting guardrail and because we had been going pretty fast the car bumped right back into the road, spinning on itself. And another car coming from the other direction hit my side of the car fast, too fast, way too fast.

Everything, I saw everything, while Blake wrought in pain beside and I kept shouting his name, trying to have him look at me, trying to understand what was going on, as long as I could, but when the other car hit our own I stopped screaming.

When the other car hit our own, it felt like every bone in my body shattered. Had Jayden felt like this too, I thought.

But Jayden died... no...dying... I can't... breathe, I need to... Blake... I can't leave him... no... Blake... I can't... Blake...

_____________

A/N: Don't kill me. 0_0 hahaha

So yeah, if you want a clear explanation, Lexi dies. Blake doesn't. I'm sorry for doing this to you, I guess Lexi and Blake's story just needs to only go one way--the original way--for it to not be toooo dramatic. Nevertheless, thank you for reading this small alternate universe and I hoped you enjoyed reading it, even if it ends badly. 

I'M AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING! 8D MOUHAHAHAHA