Chapter One

Thursday 24th July

Dear Diary

I honestly don't understand how I survive most days, I spend six hours at school being invisible and then I come back to the stupid house I live in with my dad and his slut of a wife and be ignored there as well, if I didn't cook for myself everyday I'm pretty sure I would not eat at all.

I set my diary back in its box and pushed the box under my bed where it stayed until I took it out again, when I reached up to get my phone from my bedside table it buzzed with my 'time to get up' alarm. I picked it up and dismissed the alarm before swinging my legs out of bed and walking over to my wardrobe, I took out a black band shirt and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans as well as my dark green hoodie.

"get up brat!" came Rosie's voice through my door. Rosie was my father's slut of a wife, she did the same thing every morning it was really the only time she spoke to me, all other times she simply ignored me.

"I'm up" I said loud enough for her to hear, I heard her give a small huff before turning and walking down the hall to where my father would be waiting as always so that they could go out for the day and return drunk and horny.

3 minutes later the front door slammed and I was alone in the house, so many times I had considered just skipping school but I knew that the school would contact my father and I would just be in for more trouble, no matter how much I felt it I was not invisible to the school board, they saw every fault in me and they would just love to remind me of them all.

I had 5 minutes before I had to leave for school, 5 minutes before I became invisible. Again.

why was I always invisible, why was I always the one that no one saw? man my life sucked. just then my alarm went off on my phone.

"6 hours of hell, might as well get it over with" I muttered to myself grabbing my backpack and headed out of the house and towards my crappy high school.

*

the car park was noisy when I arrived at school but as always no one noticed me walking towards the main building, there was one good thing about being the one that no one saw, I could listen in to conversations and get all the latest gossip, such as the big power couple, Mitch and Casey had broken up because Mitch cheated on her with her best friend Ellie, yeah like no one saw that coming, or the fact that Chase the star Quarterback had been caught doping and was kicked off the team. it was really the only fun thing that happened at school for me other than reading in the library during my free period.

As I was walking up the steps to the main doors some barged past me knocking me forward so that I tripped over the last step and into the school entryway. oh no, I thought as I got my elf up, when I had finally gotten up properly I realised there was someone stood in front of me.

"I'm sorry was I in your way?" I said quickly walking past and getting out of the person's way, as the person began to reply the bell went off for homeroom and I had to hurry away so as not to be late, I did not need to give my teachers another reason to bully me.

I ended up being late and my teacher yelled at me but that was all, for once I did not feel like I wanted to curl into a ball and cry which I guess was good. the day went by slowly and I followed my normal routine of attending classes and being invisible, nothing special happened, like normal, and soon enough I was heading home where no doubt my father and Rosie were probably making out in the living room before going up to their bedroom and continuing there make out session there, while I would made myself dinner and put headphones in while I did my homework, so I guess it was just gonna be another normal day for me, that was until I got home and found a police car outside my house.

"get your hands off me!" someone shouted, I recognized that high pitched voice straight away... Rosie, I watched as she was dragged out of the house with my father not far behind, why were the police arresting them. I slowly made my way up to the nearest police officer to ask, he was a middle aged man with light blonde hair that had the beginnings of grey hairs.

"excuse me sir, but why are you arresting my father and his wife?" I asked quietly, not really expecting an answer, to my surprise he turned to me and gave me a look of pity.

"you must be Sara Mason?" he asked and I nodded. "well your father is being arrested for selling large amounts of drugs and for stealing a lot of money from a very important business man by the name of Marcus Cole" he continued, he looked at me as if to ask if I wanted to know why Rosie was being taken in but I just shook my head and he sighed. "do you have any family you could stay with for now?" he asked as another officer finally got my father into the car after struggling with him for a while.

"no they were my only family left" I said looking down, what the hell was I supposed to do now, this was probably the longest conversation I have had since my mum died, with this man I was not invisible, he actually seemed to care about what happened to me and seemed to really pity me for being stuck with such disgusting people.

"well then I guess you have no other options then" he said sadly, he stayed that was for a moment before his face lit up with what seemed like an idea. "I have a spare room, you are welcome to stay with my son and I for as long as you need to" he said a small smile on his face, he was serious, he was actually offering me a place to stay, why would he do such a thing. he must have been quite insane, in a way he reminded me of my mother, always trying to help in any way.

"I wouldn't want to impose" I replied, I knew I would somehow just get in the way.

"you wouldn't I assure you" he replied and I smiled for the first time in 4 years and nodded, was I finally going to have a home? who knew

was I finally going to be free?

__________________________________________________

well here it is chapter one, its unedited so i'm sorry but i hope you liked it :D