" I'm here!"

Disclaimer: i dont own spirited away or the media.

This is my first spirited away fanfic so it may not be wonderful but i hope everyone loves it.

Chihiro's POV:

It's been a long day. I'm walking home from school and had just bought a milkshake to try to cheer myself up. I had THREE tests today and i don't think I did good on any of them. My thoughts were elsewhere. Today is the fifth anniversary of when I got trapped in the spirit world.

No matter how hard I try i can't find a way back. I've tried summoning spirit chants, walking up the road blindfolded and even stupid charms but nothing works.

I waited a year in hopes that Haku would come see me like he promised but what if he can't get to me?

He could be trapped on the other side like i am trapped here. What if he was tricked into working for Ubaba again and she won't let him see me?

As I run through the situations in my head I realize a dozen things could keep him from seeing me. But no matter how much I try to keep that thought out of my head but it still lingers. What if he doesn't want to see me?

I feel tears forming at my eyes. No! I cant think like that. I'm just going to have to trust Haku.

I look up and see my blue house on the hill. My family and I have completely settled in by now.

I walk up the dirt road thinking about Haku. What if I never get to see him again? I remember the way he held my hands when we were falling in the sky, the way he was there for me when I cried and the fact that even though years had passed since he saved me from drowning he recognized me the moment he saw my face.

Wow, I miss him more than I thought. I open my front door and take my shoes off. My mother immediately runs up to me.

"Chihiro!" She says accusingly. "Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend!?" What the hell is she talking about? I've never had a boyfriend in my life.

"What are you talking about mom? I don't."

"Then explain to me who this gentleman in our living room is. He said he was here to see you and you met at one of your old jobs. He's quite handsome if I might add. Good job Chihiro. He is quite the looker." My mom praised me.

Who ever pulled this prank should prepare to face my wrath. I walk into the living room and drop my milkshake.

"Ha... Haku?" I say barely above a whisper. He turns his head away from talking to my dad.

He smiles and says, "Hello Chihiro."

I couldn't help it. I felt the tears overflowing and running down my cheeks but there was nothing I could do to stop them.

His expression quickly changed from excited to concern.

I can faintly hear dad yelling at Haku , "What did you do to her to make her cry!?" But my eyes never left his.

He stood up presumably to walk over and comfort me but I didn't give him a chance. I ran as fast as I could. I collided with his chest so hard it knocked us both down on the couch.

I cried so hard and punched his chest with my fists, not hard of course, screaming at him," STUPID! What took you so long!? I missed you so much. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

He just gently stroked my hair and whispered," I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I will explain everything later." His voice. I missed it so much. Even though it's a lot rougher than when he was younger, I recognize it immediately.