My Favourite Scenes/Quotes: Part 1

When I watched "The 100" the second time, I made notes on my favourite scenes and quotes that I would like to share. I'll explain briefly what I like so much about them as well. By my favourites, I really mean scenes and quotes that I liked, which is a lot, so bare with me. You might be doing a lot of reading. So you know, the quotes are in quotations (obviously) and a description of the scene is in italics. 

1. Season 1, Episode 1

Abby is arrested for using more than she was allowed by law to save the chancellor. Kane reasons that he is just trying to keep the people of the Ark alive.

"That's the difference between us, Kane. I choose to make sure we deserve to stay alive." - Abby to Kane

I like this scene and quote from Abby because it really shows the two different ways that Abby and Kane want to lead. I also like it because it encourages people to always do the right thing and continue to make sure that they deserve everything they get.

2. Season 1, Episode 1

"This job requires more than simply following the law. It requires knowing when not to." - Jaha to Kane

This quote I like because it touches on the idea that always following the things that you are told doesn't make it right and it doesn't always make you a better person. You have to use logic and judge whether things will be for the better if you do or do not follow through on something.

3. Season 1, Episode 2

Bellamy catching Clarke when she falls through the ground when they go to help Jasper.

This particular moment is one of my favourites because at this point in time Clarke and Bellamy are "enemies" and you could see in Clarke's eyes that she was afraid he was going to drop her, but Bellamy never took his gaze off of hers and you could tell it hadn't even crossed his mind to let her go. Up until this point, Bellamy had seemed antagonistic, but that is the first moment you realize that no matter what he does or says, he isn't a killer.

4. Season 1, Episode 3

"I think that whatever happened up there -- you know, the pain . . . Maybe we can move past that now. Maybe being on the ground is our second chance." - Clarke to Charlotte

I like this because it suggests a clean slate and that all of the terrible things everyone on the Ark had done couldn't touch them any more down on Earth. Every single criminal had the opportunity to right their mistakes and start over.

5. Season 1, Episode 3

Charlotte has a nightmare while her and Bellamy wait out the acid fog and Bellamy comforts her.

Bellamy: "When you feel afraid, you hold that knife and say, 'Screw you. I'm not afraid'".

Charlotte repeats what Bellamy said.

Bellamy: "Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep."

I always thought that Bellamy looked at Charlotte like she was Octavia. You find out later that this quote is the same thing his mother used to tell Octavia. This is another scene that humanizes Bellamy even more. I also think he sympathized with Charlotte on a personal level because of what happened to his mother and he'd probably repeated the exact same line to himself on countless occasions.

6. Season 1, Episode 3

Wells, Clarke, and Finn get trapped in an old bunker when the acid fog comes. Finn finds alcohol and Clarke confronts Wells on what he did to her father while she's drunk.