Chapter Nineteen: I Love You

Robin pulled back from our embrace, his eyes twinkling with happiness. He had said it a few times before but it was new territory for me. Robin if course supported me and understood that, for me, it was more than he normal 'I love you'. It was accepting that my life was changing for good and knowing that my past relations won't affect the present. I had been nervous that if I said it, I'd be broken hearted down the road.

The phrase was tied to past memories of Leo and other bad relationships. I had wanted to keep the memories of Robin separated so that somehow, it wouldn't end up the same. But after these past few days of misery, I understood that love was the most painful and joyful of experiences. And that's what I felt. The pain from the past days was love.

Robin's smile widened as he cupped my cheeks. "I love you." I whisper again, my smile extending as well.

I was happy to finally have broken free from my fears and was excited that I finally excepted that things were going to be okay.

Robin chuckled before kissing me un-expectantly, causing me to stumble back a little. His arms snake around my back and pull me closer as I wrap my arms around his back to hold me steady. "I love you too." He whispers, nodding happily. "I love you too."

***

I sat at my desk once more, glancing up at Robin, who sat in the chair opposite of mine. He grinned as his eyes watched my every movement.

"I just have to grab my computer." I explain, grabbing my bags before standing to leave.

Turns out, Emma had been watching Roland and Mary while Robin came to me. We were meeting her at my new house. Unfortunately, Robin had an important dress rehearsal for the symphony tonight and I had offered to watch roland while Robin was out.

Robin reached forwards and took my bags from me. "I've got those, milady." He loops one arm around my waist as we slowly walk to the parking lot.

I was sure to lock everything down before turning to Robin. His car was neatly parked next to mine. Unlocking the car, I allowed Robin to load my bags into my trunk.

"I'll follow you?" Robin suggests, moving his hand to my cheek. His thumb brushed over my cheekbone and gently passed over the roots of my hair. My hand grasped his wrist as the other intertwined with his fingers before I tilted my head to look up at him.

The man before me, tall and handsome,  made my stomach flip. He was gentle and kind, deserving of more than I could ever provide. But he had chosen me. This man in front of me had made it over large challenges and had not only taken in my daughter as his own, but had taken the responsibility of caring for his infant nephew in the absence of his brother. The man was courageous and loving, more than anyone Id ever met. And this man, I knew, was who I wanted to spend my life with.

"Sounds good to me." My voice was soft as I spoke, the events of the past hour still whirling in my mind.

Robin smiled and kissed me softly before pulling away. Chill bumps rose on my arms as the cool air hit where Robin's palm once was.

A/n: hey guys! So everything's okay between Robin And Regina!!! From here on out in the book I've got a really big surprise and some fluff stuff that I think you'll really enjoy! Especially the ending! So please keep reading and commenting bc that really helps with the motivation ;)