Money, Power, Respect - CHAPTER1.

As if it's been over a year. Sorry guys, I'm back now & I'm trying. Here's a short chapter, after this one... the story will "begin". Enjoy & comment?

*

9.55am 

"Browne, Kane." called the officer standing at the end of the room, in his hands was a folder which contained documents, DNA tests and reports for Kane's behaviour whilst he was serving time in prison. 

After hearing his name, Kane looked up at the tall, broad security officer and stood up. "That's me." 

He made a small gesture letting Kane know that he should follow him.

"Right, Mr Browne, please step into this room. Your counsellor would like to have a small word with you." 

Kane nodded his head in response, and stepped inside the small room.

"Good morning Mr Browne." The lady, sat down in a brown, leather seat spoke, taking a glance at the files which were neatly piled in front of her desk. "Take a seat."

Kane followed the instructions and took a seat in the chair facing the smartly-dressed lady, but with a table between them. "I'm Dr Stewart, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling alright I guess, uh, thank you." 

He was positive that it wasn't time for him to be released yet, so why else would he have been called here for? 

Kane dragged his hand swiftly across his neck, letting his fingers explore the tattoo there,

"You're probably wondering why you are here." 

Kane chuckled nervously.

The lady continued, placing her black-inked pen on top of her pile of papers. 

"Well, Mr Browne, the supervisor has informed me that your behaviour during this time has been very outstanding."

Kane listened carefully, taking in everything she was saying. 

- "Because of this great behaviour, we have decided to let you out earlier than your actual sentence."

For a minute then, Kane didn't know how to feel as different emotions filled within him.

Happiness and pride overwhelmed him for being so good that he could get out.

"You should be proud of yourself Mr Browne; normally with a crime like yours we wouldn’t let you out until you finish your fifteen years of sanction."

Kane nodded and forced a smile on his face. Remembering the day he was thrown in prison, he bit his bottom lip as he tried to get rid of the painful feeling in his throat.

Longley expecting a reply, she finally spoke "You're most welcome Mr Browne, but if by any circumstances you get caught breaking the law, your cell will be there waiting for you. Is that clear?!" her voice more stern.

Kane quickly nodded his head. "Yes ma'am, it's very clear. So, when can I, uh, y'know, leave?" 

After going through some information about Kane's current status, the contract signing, collecting up her paper-work, the lady stood up and gave a polite nod to Kane. 

"Well, all you need to do is collect your items. We have already contacted a close relative." - She turned to the same officer who had directed Kane to come to the room - "Officer, thank you very much, I'll be on my way."