Kane - Money, Power, Respect.

VERY SHORT INTRO!

___________

INTRODUCTION 

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster. I wanted to be able to walk outside the house with every man having pure fear over me. In fact, everyone wanted to be one of them. It was the thing every man wanted to become. Gangsters get everything they want right? Wrong! That life isn’t to be glorified. It's lonely and it hurts.*

I've waited for this day for a long time. Nothing is going to ruin it for sure! Once I'm released, I've only got one thing to do – find the nigga who killed my mother, and then after that I'm done. Yes, I’m done with the streets, done with the crime and absolutely done with the drugs. I've really got to man up now; take care of my siblings, find a job and move away from all the drama around here – it's caused me enough pain.

I sat down while rubbing my hands together; it was kind of cold in here but I'm not too fussed. I’ve gotten used to it in the last two years. I'm not even sure if I slept last night; the excitement to get out of this box is just too emotional!

“Kane Browne?” I stood up and gave the officer a polite nod. He wrote something on the blank piece of paper attached to the clip board he firmly held onto. I couldn't help but grin when he took out a silver key from his pocket and twisted it in the keyhole of my cell.

I walked beside him as he led me to the reception. He patted my back with his palm, “You are free to go; let this be a lesson to you son.” “Thank you so much sir.” Then I was handed a few cards and booklets before I walked over to the receptionist man. Words can’t explain how happy I felt when my feet stepped out of that building. The box I had in my hands held practically everything there was to do with me; previous thoughts, poems, rap and feelings. Possibly things would have been different if I would have changed a long time ago, and maybe my mother wouldn't be six feet under the ground, just maybe.

“Sorrow never spoken is the heaviest load to bear.”

Farook Sheikh