Chapter Five

Jacob had just went out the door when my cell phone rang. It was Mom...

"Hello?" I coughed into the phone.

"Sweetie?"She questioned.

"MOM! WHERE ARE YOU!" I shouted into the phone, a smile falling over my lips.

"I've been working a lot, and just got so caught up in everything. Sorry I haven't called." She explained, making me sigh out of relief.

I was sort of upset because she never called to check on me, or to see if I had made it home. She wasn't like that. Something was up.

"Oh...Yeah it's cool." I lied, hoping she wouldn't notice, because I was a terrible liar.

"Your back home? Jimmy with you?"She questioned, oblivious to any facts, why hasn't she been home?

"I just got back home...and uhm..." I trailed off, feeling the lump form in my throat.

"Whats wrong?"

"Jimmy died, Mom."

The other line went very silent, and then I heard a deep sigh.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie." She whispered genericly.

"I saw him die."I added.

"Oh..." She trailed off.

"Why haven't you been home?" I asked, switching subjects, knowing she really didn't care too much.

"Well I've met this guy, and he lives near Wal-Mart..." She trailed off again.

I didn't have anything to say so I ended the call, and turned off my bland cell phone.

What happened to her? She wasn't a mom, she was an idiot who could care less about anything but herself! I hated her. So much. And to think I actually cared about where she was, what had happened to her. She doesn't care about me. I was better off with Billie, I was better off without her. Jesus I had to get away from here. Before she came back.

I took my cell phone in hand and dialed Billie.

'Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...'

"Mmmhmmm hello?" He mumbled, voice full of sleep.

"Billie?" I whispered, so glad to hear his voice.

"Kaela?!" He exclaimed, sleep gone almost instantly.

"Yeah...I want to run away Billie." I blurted out, making the line go silent for a moment.

"Why?"

"She doesn't care. She doesn't care! I told her about Jimmy and what she said was so generic. So orginal. She acted so cool about it. She wasn't worried about me the entire time I've been gone. She wasn't home at all the entire time I was gone! Shes been screwing around with some guy. I'm so done, I wanna' leave NOW." I blabbered, my words fast and slurring.

"Shhh calm down beautiful. Slow down. I really know how you feel. Maybe she doesn't know how to care?"

"Maybe shes just not fit to be a mom." I whispered, ice stinging my words.

He was really quiet, taking in my sudden situtation. I hope he wouldn't tell me not to leave, because then I would just go without him. I didn't want to to do that.

 "When are you leaving?" He asked, his voice soft, loving.

"Whenever you can make it here." I replied, my mind calming down, knowing I would have someone that loved me beside me the entire time I was going through this.

"I'll be there soon, Baby. I promise I won't take long. Just hang in there for me?"

"Sure."

"I love you,  see you soon." He breathed, that voice taking my breath away, so beautiful when filled with sleep.