~gender swappage~ Adventure time!

~prologue~

A war was about to begin, one with no chance of surviving in, for any human. Especially not a baby.

A small human, at the age of merely four, sat under a tree, bare chested, wearing only a diaper. A fluffy white hat with bunny ears sprouting out of the top, fit very loosely around her head, letting few angelic strands of golden hair drape down the front of her pale face.

The tree was placed at the end of a forest, overlooking a grey, run down town. The nearest building was a small soupery- one of those ones that sold the cheesy greeting cards, like one that read "have a souper day!" It's walls were cracked, the roof, covered in pigeon poo.

The girl leaned against the trunk , staring into the store, like it was the last thing she had left, like something would finally happen.

Bang.

Crash.

The front window of the soupery burst open, sending shards of glass flying everywhere. When the girl looked back up, There were two people, who didn't really look like people, one short an one tall, young and old.

The first, looked about 40 years old. She had brownish, greying hair, and round spectacles covering kind eyes. She also had a peculiar golden crown, strapped to the side of her patched and ripped knee- length dress.

The second, was a little boy clothed in tattered overalls, who stood beside the woman. He looked about four or five. He had messy, medium length, onyx black hair, that covered one of his eyes- that were also black.

He looked like a normal human- until he smiled at her. 15 dagger-like teeth peeked out of his grin, scaring the little girl slightly. (But not that much, she was naturally brave) he couldn't have been a vampire, he had no bite marks, and he was standing in the clear sun. He was a demon.

The old woman looked down at the boy with a concerned look. "Vandalism is wrong, marshy."

"Okay." The boy plainly replied. Then he pointed to the girl. "Who's that, Simone?"

"I don't know." She answered, slowly walking towards the strange child. The woman kindly crouched down by the girl, with the boy, close behind.

The boy's smile widened. "A new traveling buddy!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

The woman smiled at him, and then turned her head back to the girl with a kind smile. "What's your name?"

The girl shuffled around a bit, looking side to side, trying to spit out her own name. "Fiowa."

"How about we call you 'fio' for short?" The Woman asked. The girl happily nodded, and pushed herself up from the tree.

To her surprise, the boy quickly moved towards her, and threw his arms around her neck. She tensed up at first, but then relaxed. ...She liked this kid. Fio turned a bright pink, making the boy's grin wider.

"Awe.." The woman stated, admiring them, and cupping her hands over her cheeks.

"Ugh.." A small groggily sound came from nearby bushes, grabbing all of their attentions. "Euugg.."

"Marshy... Fio..." The woman whispered with fear on her face, grabbing on to her crown. "It's the mutants." Fio looked up in confusion, searching for the so called 'mutants'."

The boy stepped forward with a terrified look. "Simone. Please, no." He tugged on her arm. "You'll go crazy again." The woman tried to ignore the plead, but after a few seconds, she broke. "I have to. I'm so sorry." She said softly. With that, she turned to the bushes, and placed the crown on her head.

The mutants were a few yards away, green disgusting globs oozing gooey mush. There were hundreds from what they could see.

It seemed the crown had taken all the color out of the woman's skin, and replaced it with a light blue. Her eyes flickered white, and her hair turned a blinding silver.

The boy mumbled with a broken expression. "Simone..."

The woman began to laugh. Her voice was no longer sweet and smooth, it was rickety and hoarse, and her laugh was more of a cackle. The woman could still somehow control herself a bit, though. She looked back and forth between the two children, and then whispered to fio. "This is the only way you will survive." Within seconds, the woman had shot ice out of her hands, freezing the innocent girl in a thick block of ice.

The last thing she heard was a small "goodbye fio." 🎵