Chapter 8

"Inanna?" Lilium called out into the night. She wouldn't have went too far. "Master Lilium? Is it you?" Well, it couldn't have been anybody else, thought Lilium. "Come out."
Inanna fluttered down from a tree that she'd taken shelter in. She smiled upon seeing Lilium, "I knew you wouldn't take too long, Master." Lilium sighed, "Don't call me Master please, Lilium is fine."

"Ok, then... What just happened was crazy. I knew that there was something wrong, I always have. That's why I wanted to be a warrior, so that I could figure out for myself, but now we're out here and... It's all happened so fast. So, what are we going to do, exactly?"

"There is much to do, Inanna. We need to find somebody, we need to get word out about the danger back at the Hollow, and most importantly, we need to survive. But for now, the most important thing is to find somewhere to take shelter for during the day. I have a satchel of moondust that we need to ration between us, there is enough for a while... But I don't know what we'll do after that if I'm honest. Something will have to work out."

"Ok, I've got it. Will we continue my training?"

"Yes, we will. You're going to need to be extremely alert, Inanna. There are creatures out here who will kill us. We are safe from ground animals like badgers. It's winged animals that pose a threat to us. Owl's, mostly, there are smaller birds who would more quickly fly away from us." Lilium wasn't used to being in charge like this, it was Hybris' job. But she was starting to like it already.

She looked around. The forest was so big. Before, she had only explored places within a reasonable distance from the Hollow, but now...She could go anywhere. No restrictions.

"So where do we go first?" asked Inanna.

Lilium smiled slightly, before answering, "As far away from here as possible."

Back at the Hollow

"You were told, Apollo." He shouted, battering him again and again, "You were all told!"
He left an extra rough beating on him, as he put emphasis on the last word. Apollo groaned in agony.
"Again, and again, and again! Why could none of you just listen!? But I have to say, Apollo...I never expected you to betray us." Apollo could only whimper in response.

"Especially," he started, "After all the Queen has done for us. Do you think that we would be alive without her? She has plans for us, Apollo. Plans that you should appreciate."

"The Queen is corrupt, Thadeus!"

"No!" shouted Thadeus, "You are the one who is corrupt. But trust me, you will see soon enough. We are going to see the Queen."

"No!" pleaded Apollo, "Just..." he was going to beg Thadeus to just kill him. But he couldn't do that. He couldn't just leave her behind here... He had to see what they had done to her...

"Be quiet! Do you really think you can get out of this now? Come on, come with me. I'm sure the Queen will be more than delighted to see you..."

Apollo kept quiet as he was taken to the Queen's chamber. He could smell the dampness of soil, and it was disgusting. It almost smelt rotting...

"Queen? I have a traitor." Spoke Thadeus.

Like always, the Queen was hidden in the shadows. Nobody saw the Queen.

"Oh, Apollo. I always knew you weren't to be trusted. Ever since your partner defied me, I knew you wouldn't be long following in her footsteps. Speaking of which... I do recall you begging me not to hurt her. Would you like to see what has become of her, Apollo?"

This sparked anger in Apollo, "I swear, if you've done anything I'll- AHH!" he was cut off, as Thadeus kicked him painfully in the back, forcing him on his knees.