The escape

Leea told me what to do. She said that she would tell me everything that had happened and why I was a mermaid, but first we had to get away from here. To do that I had to stop Shale.

Every mermaid is given special powers Leea told me. Every memaid can mindspeak then they are gifted with something else. Shale has the power to turn water into a jelly-like substance and that was how Leea was trapped. Leea told me her power was Sight. She got visions of the future. Thats why she saved me. One of her visions had me in them. She could also tell the powers other mermaids had.

She told me I could move water with my hand. Make it fly through the air or create a beautiful waterfall with the flick of my wrist.

I swam behind a rock. Shale was still facing Leea. I would have to get her by surprise. I rose my right hand to the sky. I had no idea how to use my powers but doing this felt right. Clouds started coming from a distance. All around me mermaids started looking towards the sky. Thet started noticing me.

I made rain start falling. Heavy rain. Everything got murky and gray when the clouds covered the sun. It was the perfect scene. I started to hear screams of anger. Keep going. I heard Leea's voice in my head.

Next I made the current push me in the direction of Shale. I slammed into her with so much force she was flung out of the water. I created a giant wave that pushed us to the beach. I stopped the rain. Shale had been distracted from Leea. Her hand had stopped the movement. Leea would be free now. I had to finish this off.

My body started to feel dry now that the sun was shining. The bech sand started burning my tail and before my eyes my green tail transformed back into legs. I gasped. The bathing suit I had worn on the boat was back. My hair was in a pony tail again. Shale was staring at me. She had no idea what was going on.

I heard a splash next to me. Leea was coming out of the water too. I watched in amazement as her tail dried and she grew legs. Her long light brown hair changed into a loose braid hanging over her shoulder streching to just above her hips. Uneven bangs fell on her forehead. She was wearing swimming shorts and a bikini top with blue sandals. Her blue eyes sparkled as she smiled at me. She was beautiful.

I looked back at Shale waiting for her to change to but nothing happened. Same webbed hands, same scaly tail. I looked at Leea. "She can't change, she's a born mermaid" Leea explained. "C'mon, lets get out of here." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the edge of the circle island. "I remember someplace we can go." She said diving into the water when we came to a sea that streched out beyond the horizon.

I followed her. We had escaped and in some way I was still human. Half human I guess you could say.