Chapter Three

Chapter Three

All Rights Reserved

*Savannah's POV*

"Today was fun, wasn't it?" Nikki asks as we walk into the hotel room with bags and bags of clothes.

"Definitely," I reply dumping all my bags on the couch next to my suitcase and Nikki does the same. 

"See? We can still be good friends. We just had some misunderstandings, you see," Nikki states and I nod.

"I guess," I respond and she walks over to me.

"Van, if you want to be a photographer, by all means be a photographer," she states and I nod.

This was the first night in 8 months that I could fall asleep without feeling like breaking down and crying.

----

Nikki and I wake up at the same time and she grabs a paper bag out of the cabinet. She begins throwing food in there and sets in on the table.

"What is that?" I ask and she turns towards me.

"It's my lunch. I don't like the food they serve on studio sets," she explains and I nod in agreement.

"Well, that's one way to avoid it," I comment and she chuckles.

"I might be weird, Van, but you are too. Once I get you to open up to me I promise you that you and I will be quite the duo," she explains with a smile.

"That would be fantastic," I respond and she smiles.

"Well, I have to take a shower and do all that stuff to be beautiful for today!" she exclaims and heads into the bathroom. She closes the door and I slump down into a seat at the table.

I wish I had an option to be beautiful or not. I'm unfortunately stuck with the option of not being beautiful. I have scarred thighs and I'm just unattractive overall. I can't believe that a wonderful and gorgeous girl like Nikki would try to even be my friend. 

I shouldn't second guess it, though. Ever since I moved to California, my life has fallen apart. I just can't believe it, really. Everything is different. At Dawson High, I had friends and I was liked. But at San Diego High, no one cares about me. That's what happens when you're the new girl. Everyone already has their friendship circles and I can't get into one. 

I decide I might as well get changed. I took a shower last night, so my hair is now in its natural waves. Besides, I have from 8am to 9pm all alone with my thoughts. If I add another cut, don't blame me. When I'm alone, I think. When I think, I remember. When I remember, I become sad. When I become sad, it makes me relapse. I just don't get it. I need to be with others to get my mind off of everything and if Nikki isn't here to occupy me, then everything will fall apart. I can tell.

I get dressed in my light denim jeans and light brown Uggs I brought yesterday. I also slip on a yellow button up top with black buttons. The sleeves are barely sleeves. 

I grab my brush and look in the mirror on the wall next to my bed. I brush it and the waves stay there matching the freckles perfectly. The red hair and freckles makes me look like a leprechaun. 

I hear the shower go off and my head naturally turns in that direction. Then, I turn my attention back to the mirror. I just stare into my blue eyes that annoy me more than anything. People think all blue eyes are so cool and amazing. Well, mine look grey or green or whatever people imagine they should be. Like I said before, people don't even know my eyes are blue until I tell them they are and they look closer. 

"Oh my gosh! You look wonderful!" Nikki exclaims as she exits the bathroom in cute new clothes and a hair brush in hand. Even when her hair is wet and full of tangles it looks better than mine. 

"Thanks," I respond meekly. 

I don't really know how to respond to people who give me compliments. I mean, of course one would say thank you, but it feels awkward. It feels like they're lying to me and I hate being lied to. 

"Well, I have to get to the studio! I am more excited than ever!" she shouts and heads out the door leaving me behind. 

I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my face. After that, I exit then get myself a bowl of cereal. 

I get the bowl, pour the milk, and put the Lucky Charms in. It's the only cereal we have considering Nikki won't eat any other type of cereal. 

I head over to the table and place my bowl down. I get a spoon from the drawer and begin eating my breakfast. That's when I spot Nikki's lunch sitting there. She forgot her lunch. I have to bring it to her, don't I? 

I sigh then finish my cereal quickly. After I put my dishes in the sink, I grab her lunch and a room key and go out the door. 

We're on the first floor of the hotel, so I walk right out the front door without elevators or stairs in my way. 

The studio is right down the street so I can walk there without a problem. 

As I arrive in front of the building, I spot a door labeling Studio B. That is where Nikki is. 

I walk over there only to be stopped by a security guard. 

"Name please?" he asks. 

"Savannah Little," I respond. 

"You aren't allowed in here unless you are part of the cast," he explains and I sigh. 

"My cousin is in there and she forgot her lunch!" I exclaim and he laughs. 

"They serve food on the set. Now please go somewhere else," he replies and I nod, but I honestly feel like crying. I need to get this to Nikki somehow. 

"She's with us," an Irish accent says and my head jerks in the direction of the voice. Two guys are standing next to me. I would describe them, but everyone would know who I am speaking of when I say they're Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction.  

"Are you with Mr. Horan and Mr. Tomlinson?" He asks me and I can't take my eyes off of them. I am in complete shock. 

"Y-Yes," I manage to respond and he opens the door. I walk inside with Niall and Louis following me. 

I see Nikki in a chair getting her make up done. She spots me in the mirror she is looking in. 

"Savannah! What are you doing here?" she asks. 

"You forgot your lunch," I reply. 

"Set it down. I will be home in several hours," she explains and I nod. I set the bag down next to her. 

I walk towards the exit when Niall runs ahead of me and turns around. 

"Hi! I'm Niall!" he exclaims and holds his hand out. 

"I'm Savannah," I reply and shake his hand. He smiles as I pull my hand away and I smile back.