Chapter 13: Desires

A week. A whole week. That's how long it took me to recover enough so we could move on. Azula could be anywhere by now.

And it's all my fault.

I try not to think about it because everyone says that it isn't my fault, but I can't help but feel guilty. We're short on supplies because they needed extra things to help me recover, we have no idea where Azula is, and everyone has had to work extra hard because I have been unable to move around. I feel like, at this point, I'm just getting in the way of capturing Azula.

"Apple?" Sokka says smiling as he holds an apple out to me. I snap out of my daze and blink a few times. I then gently smile and nod as I take the apple and nibble on it. Sokka joins me as he sits across from me and eats his own apple. Sokka has probably been my biggest supporter. He's always trying to make me smile or laugh and making sure that I'm not blaming myself for what happened. I honestly couldn't ask for a better friend.

Since we're not sure where Azula went, we decide to stock up on supplies at the next town. Appa flies us to the side of the town since he obviously couldn't land in the actual town. Aang hops off of him and pets his head.

"Thanks buddy! You'll have to wait here, but don't worry, we won't be long." He says in a cheerful tone. Everyone begins to load off Appa, although I struggle since I'm still a little sore.

"Here Ara, let me help you." Zuko says. Before I can respond, he swoops me up into his arms. He hops down from Appa and them gentle puts me back onto my feet. I smile and look at him.

"Thanks Zuko!" I say gratefully.

"No problem." He says smiling. I then turn my head to see Sokka scowling at us several feet away. But just as he notices me looking, he widens his eyes and quickly goes back to what he was doing. What in the world? What's up with him? Is he...mad at me or something? I try to shake off the thought as I go and grab my staff.

"Alright everyone. Here's the plan." Aang begins, "Katara, Sokka and Me will go and get food and supplies. Toph, Zuko and Ara will try and find info on Azula. See if she's been seen around here."

"No Wait! ....um....." Sokka suddenly blurts out. We all look at him confused. "I-I think Toph should help with getting the food. I can go with Ara and Zuko to help find information." He puts his hands on his hips and his chin in the air. He sure has been acting weird lately...

"Um....yeah I guess that would be fine." Aang shrugs. After making the plans, we split up and head into the town.

(Sokka's POV)

There was no way I was going to leave Ara with Zuko and a blind girl. What if something happened to her! Besides... I don't trust Zuko 100% yet.

We walk through the little town street, every once and a while stopping so Zuko can ask people about Azula.

There was one area we were walking in that was more crowded with people and it took more effort to get through. When we came to were it wasn't as crowded, I see that Ara was panting and looked like she was struggling. Just as I was about to say something, Zuko butts in.

"Hey, don't push yourself ok? You're still not all the way healed yet. If you'd like, I can carry you on my back?" Zuko says with a smile. I'm suddenly filled with anger; I look at him slightly scowling.

"Uh... Heh heh I'm ok, really..." Ara says with a slight smile and slightly blushing.

"Are you sure? It really isn't any trouble." He says, putting a hand on her shoulder. At this point, I couldn't contain my frustration anymore.

"Hey!" I say, grab in his shoulder and turning him so he wasn't facing Ara anymore. "Did you ever think that maybe she doesn't feel comfortable with you always doing things like that?" He suddenly gets a confused yet kind of angered look on his face.