Chapter 21

"Dean. What are you doing here?"

"I want to talk to you about Sam. He knows I went to talk to you but he doesn't know where you are or when you're coming back."

"Ok. What's up?"

"He has an actual reason behind why he did what he did. He was still wrong to do it, but he has a reason."

"Which is?" She asked.

"When Sam was a baby, 6 months old, a demon broke into our house and cursed him. He has some stuff that is not my place to tell you about going on inside him. The same demon killed our mom. He stayed because he wanted to protect you and Ethan. He knows that Ethan isn't 6 months old yet and that nothing can get into the bunker, but he was just worried. Everyone around him dies. I haven't yet, but that's a miracle in itself. He just didn't want to lose another person he loves. And now, he's afraid more than anything that you think he's gonna leave you or kick you out."

"Why didn't he just tell me that? And why does he think that I think he's gonna leave me or kick me out?"

"He said that he told you he doesn't deserve you and your forgiveness and he made you upset. He thought that since you were upset you would think he would be mean enough to kick you out. He did feel bad about it all by the way. He thinks you might have thought that since he said he didn't deserve you that he would leave. He didn't tell you the stuff about the demon because you don't know about all the hunting stuff to defend yourself. Plus, he doesn't just tell people that kind of stuff about mom. It still upsets him."

"I get that it upsets him. Did I take this too far with being mad at him Dean?"

"Maybe a little, but it's ok. He just wants you back. He's a wreck."

"I'll go ahead and head back with you then. You can drive your baby if you want."

"Thanks." We checked out. We went back to the car, strapped Ethan in and headed home. We went back into the bunker. Sam heard the door shut. He came running up the steps.

~Miranda's POV~

"I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Let's go talk Sam." I said calmly. He nodded. I placed Ethan back in his crib and went to our room. "Dean can you watch Ethan?"

"Sure." he replied.

Sam sat on the bed and faced me as I joined him.

"I want you to know that I overreacted. You didn't give me a good reason as to why you lied and everything. We promised each other no secrets and no lies. I understand why now. If you have anything you need to say, go ahead."

"I'm sorry. I really am truly sorry. I'm sure Dean told you but uh, when I was 6 months old, a demon got into our house and basically cursed me. I have some demon blood in me and I have a little bit of psychic powers. This same demon......" He paused getting slightly choked up.

" I know. You don't have to finish it if you don't want to."

"He uh, killed my mom. He killed her and he burned her alive on the ceiling of my nursery. The same way Jess died."

"Sam. I didn't know that was how she died too. I'm so sorry honey."

"So I know Ethan isn't 6 months old yet, and that nothing can get in this bunker, but I'm scared ok? I'm scared of losing you as much if not more than you are of me leaving you. I didn't want to go and come back and have it happen all over again. I came back from a hunt with Dean that she didn't know I was gone on, and that's when it happened to Jess. I just don't want to repeat it." He had a few tears dripping down his face.

"Baby, baby. I understand why you didn't want to go. I'm sorry I got mad. I'm sorry about Jess and your mom. I can't even imagine what that's like and how hard it is for you. I'm sorry I left too. I'm such an idiot. I made everything worse on you."

"You had every right to be mad. I nearly got Dean killed. Just please don't leave me. I need you. I can't lose you."

"I won't leave you again. I'm sorry about everything."

"So am I." We shared a passionate and soft kiss that brought our apologies together. "I love you Miranda."

"I love you too Sam, and I never stopped." I said before we both laid down in bed. I ran my fingers through his hair. He was still losing a few tears. I snuggled closer to him. "I'm sorry about your mom and Jess. I can tell it's hard on you." He just nodded. I just ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him. After a couple minutes, I spoke up. "I should probably go check on Ethan."

"Wait." He said as I got to the door. "I hope you know that just because I'm upset I lost Jess, that doesn't mean I don't love you to death."

"I know. She was your first love. I get it. It's ok." He nodded and I went to go check on Ethan.

Dean was sitting in the chair in the nursery.
"Hey." I whispered. "How's it going?"

"Hey. He took a while to fall asleep, and he kept crying, but I got him to."

"I didn't hear him cry through the baby monitor when we were talking in our room."

"I could tell he was about to cry so I carried him out to the main room and walked around with him until he calmed down that way he wouldn't disturb your conversation."

"Thanks Dean."

"No problem. How'd it go in there?"

"It's ok now. He's a little upset about bringing up Jess and your mom, but he's ok. Which reminds me, I didn't tell you at the hotel, I'm sorry about your mom. I know how bad that feels."

"Good. Yeah it sucks, but it's good to know someone else gets it even though I'm sure it sucks for you too."

"Yeah. We never found the driver of the other car, so it's been tough."

"We haven't found the demon, so we both really get it." I nodded, and Dean and I went and worked on research.

Sam stayed in our room for a while, but eventually came out and joined us. "Hey. Sorry I haven't been helping-"

"Sam, you don't need to apologize. It's ok." I said. He nodded and sat down to help us with research.