The Revenge Artist will do it for you (Chapter Two)

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Two

For the next few days, the uproar over Carson's preference, for guys was still at its peak. Even when he passed through the hallways, people around would start laughing - did I mention that the pictures were all over people's websites and social profiles. His picture on Facebook got at least 10K likes - and still counting. Right now, he was sitting at the Popular Table, glaring my way. I was actually surprised he was still allowed there, what with his public humiliation and all. I give him a middle finger salute, smirking when he snarled back.

"He looks like he wants to shove the state of Texas down your throat" Natalie mused, munching on her sandwich thoughtfully.

"Gee thanks, Nat" I rolled my eyes, looking away from him. "That's done wonders in the comforting department"

"It wasn't meant to be comforting" She grinned, shrugging.

"No seriously - don't become a social worker or a nurse - and I'm already feeling sorry for your kids" I smirked, shaking my head at her. "Besides, he brought it upon himself. I couldn't care less on what he thought of me" 

"You wouldn't be the Revenge Artist if you did" Natalie smirked.

When I glanced back at the Popular Table, I saw the usual airheads. You know, Carson and the rest of the football douche bags. Deana and her tribe of plastic monkeys. The only person missing...was Preston. But he was always where Deana was - usually with his tongue hanging out like a dog, nodding his head to whatever she said like a bubblehead. Like a bubblehead dog. I was interrupted from my thoughts when Natalie poked me.

"What was that for!" I glare at her, rubbing my arm.

"You totally zoned out on me! It was kinda freaky as well, because you get this vacant look in your eyes, like that psychopath zombie in that one horror movie - not to mention the fact that you drool" She snorted, breaking out in her dorky laugh.

"I do not drool!" I protest, slamming my fist on the table for full effect.

"Wanna bet? Anyways, we have to go to the chemistry room" She smirked, standing up.

"What? Why?" I asked her. I knew she was a dork but this was just pushing it.

"We have to hand in our essays on 'respect' to what's her face" She replied, oh so helpfully.

"Oh! The cheerleader-type teacher? Miss Broom? Or was it Bum..." I ponder, wondering why anybody would have the surname bum.

"Brooks, you idiot! Miss Brooks!" Natalie shook her head, giving me a look.

"Oh yeah, her. Her blonde hair reminds me of the straw we found on our beds on that one camping trip" I nod, smiling a little.

"Straw? It was hay, you dummy! And yeah, her hair does resemble it...maybe, she's a scarecrow?" Natalie suggested, frowning in thought.

"Dude, I assure you she's not a scarecrow." I roll my eyes, wondering how she was so smart sometimes.

"Yeah, you're probably right. If she was a scarecrow, she'd be on her way to see the Wizard of Oz, duh!" Natalie raised her eyebrows, as if she hadn't suggested the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"Natalie. The Wizard of Oz and Lara Croft are not real. Please get that through your brain!" I spoke slowly, stressing each syllable.

"Oh sorry! I saw some really cool graffiti on the lockers! Now what were you saying about the Wizard of Oz dating Lara Croft?" She turned to me, genuinely clueless.

"I give up" I sigh, but a smile made its way onto my lips anyways. 

"Dude! I totally forgot! I had a mathlete's meeting today!" Natalie yelled, widening her eyes.

"So? I'm sure they have enough nerds, anyways" I shrug, not realizing what the big fuss was about.

"So? So! Ah, forget it! Here, give my essay to Miss Brooks for me! I'll see you after school" She hollered, running away to her nerd party or whatever. I strolled my way to the chemistry room, humming under my breath as I opened the door.

"Miss Brooks, I have the - woah." My jaw drops and my eyes widen at the sight before me. Preston had pinned Miss Brooks to the wall, shoving his tongue down her throat. She was just as bad, almost ripping his hair out.

They hadn't noticed my presence and I used this to my advantage. I clicked several shots on my mobile, making sure you could tell who was who. I smirk as they pull apart after the continuous flashes. Flustered, both of them look at me like deer caught in headlights. Preston slowly recovers and glares at me, and Miss Brooks looks close to tears.

"What the hell are you doing, Avery?" Preston growls, fixing his appearance to cover up the fact that he just made out with the young chemistry teacher, Miss Brooks. Ah, too late for that, my friend.

"I was just about to hand in an essay on 'respect'. And Miss Brooks - my respect for you has risen to a whole new level" I smirk, enjoying their discomfort.

"Can we work something out? Please?" She begged, looking close to pleading on her knees.

"Well...now that you've mentioned it, there was something that I've always wanted to - "

"Oh, just shut up, Avery! Have a heart, for crying out loud" Preston interjects, furious.

"That's rich coming from you, Preston." I narrow my eyes at him. "And anyways, I'm the one calling the shots, here" I continue, flashing him a glimse of the photos I captured of him and Miss Brooks.

"Why can't you just forget about this, like it never happened? Why can't you just forgive and forget?" Preston ask, frustrated.

"I wouldn't be the Revenge Artist if I did" I smirk, using Natalie's ingenious line.

*******

Finally, a new chapter. I have finally found a co author so YAY!

Vote, like, fan and comment guys!