Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Bay

Carrying the items I needed for the party had been a real pain in the ass. The bag I was now carrying had started out relatively light but the further I walked, the heavier it got. I was relieved when the bus stop finally came into view.

I couldn't ask dad to drive me. He'd be pretty suspicious of the contents I was holding to say the least. In my duffel bag was a jerry can filled to the brim with petrol, courtesy of dad's car, and one of those high tech cameras that I had also taken from dad.

Walking a couple kilometres to the nearest bus stop had been exhausting, especially for someone like me who didn't exercise, period. But I knew this party would be worth the trouble and as I slouched onto the seat I imagined what the barn would look like once I set it ablaze. Granted I'd never seen the barn but it was still nice to daydream sometimes.

The bus came after a few minutes and soon enough I was on my way to Toodyay. It was an hour long trip so I popped my headphones on and listened to some music with the volume turned up to the max. This earned me a few stares but I shrugged them off and immersed myself in the blaring music for the next hour.

At last the bus arrived at Toodyay, I grabbed my bag carefully so that the jerry can wouldn't crush the camera and hopped out of the bus. The barn was a few kilometres out of town so I begrudgingly set off on yet another walk, taking me ever closer to the party.

It was almost pitch black by now, so I took out my lighter so I wouldn't walk into anything. It burned brightly in contrast to the blackness of the night.

I finally saw a faint light up-ahead, I figured it was the barn. The light made it bright enough so that I could see without the help of my lighter, so I stuffed it back into my pocket eager for the moment when I'd take it out again. After a few more minutes of walking, the light had become brighter, and sure enough, the party was here and in full swing. I could see an iPod dock connected to a dozen amps that were booming out club music, and the dance floor was packed with teenagers all jumping and grinding to the music.

I didn't go inside; I got claustrophobic in those kinds of places, instead went around the side. It was empty, except for a couple hooking up behind one of the hay bales. I watched my step as I snuck around them, so they wouldn't see me, although I doubt they would have noticed me anyways.

When I got to the back of the barn I unloaded my bag and pulled out the jerry can and camera. I put the camera around my neck and then started to pour the petrol. I made sure to cover all of the wooden wall of the barn, so that it wouldn't just light up then go out. The petrol would make sure it continued to burn until the whole barn was inflames.

I then pulled my lighter out from my back pocket. By this time I was really starting to get excited. It took me a couple of tries but I finally got a flame out of the lighter. It glowed in the darkness, away from the artificial lights happening inside the barn; where a bunch of horny teenagers were about to find that the party would soon be over.

And then the fun would truly begin.

***

Lacey

It couldn't have been more obvious that I wasn't enjoying myself. Between the thumping music, which made my ears ring, and the extreme closeness of people, who were consuming alcohol like it was water. It was safe to say that this wasn't my kind of place, and after a few minutes I was ready to leave. The only thing stopping me was the fact that I was Anna's designated driver home and I wasn't about to leave her stranded.

So for the first hour I stood in the corner watching people progress from sober, to tipsy, to drunk, to off their face drunk and finally wall to wall vomiting passed out on the floor drunk.